xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Skin Request  (Read 787 times)

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
Skin Request
« on: April 15, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »

Hey guys,

I would really like this skin ported over. It's the one at the top. You would have to e-mail the guy and ask for his permission first. This one in a blue tint would be awesome. Your probably asking yourself "Why doesn't he do it himself?" Well, I don't know how to make skins and I don't have photoshop or anything of that sort. Thanks!

P.S.: Here's a preview pic:

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/XxHimuraHxX/redwolfdash_preview.jpg) <

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
Skin Request
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 01:12:00 AM »

bump <

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
Skin Request
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »

bump <

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
Skin Request
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 05:48:00 PM »

You could just use the RED preset that came with UIX, copy the xboxlogo.xbx and  the background.xbx to the red folder, and reboot. Then it will have that old original m$ RED WOLF feel to it. You could then try editing the red.xbx in the \user.interface.x.dash\skins\red\ and try coming out with a more of a pink color in certian parts of the skin. You DONT need photoshop for porting skins, what is the use ?? <

gasclown

• Archived User
Skin Request
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »

yeah use the red preset and grab the xbx's - but judging from that screen i'd reckon the flat surface's side values have been changed to white (and probably some others too) so try this.

from the uix red skin dir open red.xbx with notepad and replace the corresponding values with these ones:

[FlatSrfc/PodParts]
ColorA=255, 255, 255, 51
ColorB=255, 18, 0, 0

[FlatSurfaces]
ColorA=255, 255, 255, 192
ColorB=192, 0, 0, 0

[HilightedType]
Color=0, 0, 0, 255

This should make it look like above you will also need to delete shell.xbx and rename cellwall.xbx to shell.xbx to make the cellwall look like it does. ;)  if theres no cellwall.xbx in the skin dir do the same with orbcellwall.xbx from mainmenu.xip ;) <

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
Skin Request
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »

Thank you so much guys. 2 questions: How would I make it blue; and how would I make the orb? <

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
Skin Request
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 10:52:00 PM »

The ORB is just a .xbx file it should be called somthin like xboxlogo.xbx turn UIX to original dash style to view it or you can change some code in default.xip -> default.xap to make the orb visible in modded style. At tafe again, so i cant post the code...

If you want it blue then there is NO easy way to do it. It is gonna take time and effort to get it to look like you want it to.  Just use cubewall, then you are going to have 2 photoshop the orb to make it blue, easy to do.

To make it blue open up the red.xbx and change every value to a "blue"

Example:
CODE
[FlatSrfc/PodParts]
ColorA=255, 255, 255, 51
ColorB=255, 18, 0, 0

May be changed into:
CODE
[FlatSrfc/PodParts]
ColorA=255, 255, 255, 51
ColorB=0, 18, 255, 0

Get the picture ? Long process but well worth it if you do it =P <

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
Skin Request
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 12:38:00 AM »

Ok. Cool. Thanks.

KyesaRRi: Also, in your previous post you said that I needed to copy some files over. The folowing are the files that came with the download: GameHilite_01.xbx, outline.xbx, xbox4.xbx, xboxbg.xbx, readme, and a .exe file that is supposed to do something with the xboxdash.xbe.

gasclown: Could you clarify what I need to do? Am I supposed to have the cellwall.xbx and the shell.xbx files the same thing or what? <

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
Skin Request
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 01:29:00 AM »

take the xbox4.xbx and the background.xbx from the .zip

xbox4.xbx = the new 2d orb

background.xbx = background

The .exe patches the old m$ dashboard [4920] with the skin hex offsets

delete shell.xbx and rename cellwall.xbx to shell.xbx to make the cellwall look like it does.

The cellwall.xbx is from the skin .zip you downloaded

If it didnt come with 1 then just leave the shell.xbx as is <

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
Skin Request
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »

HOLY CRAP! I DID IT! IT WORKS! Here are some preview pics:

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/XxHimuraHxX/uixscreenshot1.jpg)

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/XxHimuraHxX/uixscreenshot2.jpg)

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/XxHimuraHxX/uixscreenshot3.jpg)

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/XxHimuraHxX/uixscreenshot4.jpg)

There kinda shitty (at least on my computer), but in real life, there sweet! Also, KyesaRRi, If you can send me your e-mail address I need you to photoshop something. I need you to photoshop the orb blue. I will upload this to AXS shortly.
It also needs and adjustment to it. You have to change something. It will be in the readme file. <