xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Skinning The Original Msdash  (Read 505 times)

dadrivr

• Archived User
Skinning The Original Msdash
« on: April 07, 2005, 07:12:00 PM »

I just downloaded the True Blue msdash skin and am having difficulty installing it.  The readme says:

-Patch your xbe with the color mod preset using HeXbe
-After patching insert the xbx's in the appropriate xip
   -xbox4.xbx -> mainmenu5.xip
   -outline.xbx -> settings3.xip and music2.xip
   -GameHilite_01.xbx -> default.xip

I am not exactly sure what to do, but here is what I did:
First I opened up my msdash.xbe file and patched it with the Gcues_True_Blue.xbp file using HeXbe.  Then I patched this .xbe file with a font exploit...should I do this (I am using UDE/UXE - i forgot which)?  Then I opened up mainmenu.xip with WinXIP and replaced the original xbox4.xbx with the skinned one.  I did the same with the others.  Then I uploaded my default.xbe and the other files to replace the originals.  In addition to the .xip files in the C:/xboxdashdata.185a6100/ folder, I found xbox4.xbx and GameHilite01.xbx in the C:/xodash/media/xbx/ folder.  Should I replace these files?  For some reason, I tried all sort of combinations (replacing files in xbx folder + patched xbe, replace + no patched, no replace + patched, and no replace + no patched), all to no avail (error 21 everytime).  Were any of you able to get the msdash skin to work?  Thanks for your time and any assistance you may give! <

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
Skinning The Original Msdash
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 10:12:00 PM »

I patched this .xbe file with a font exploit

This is stupid, dont do that =)

OK now what your going to have to find is the re-sign code for the m$ dash

whenever you patch it, you needed to resign the dash or else you get an error code

I dont thnik there are any links on the net anymoer, so your gonna have to go to #teamuix and ask someone like JbOnE or Gcue, they may still have these files.

I found xbox4.xbx and GameHilite01.xbx in the C:/xodash/media/xbx/ folder. Should I replace these files?

Wrong again, you now need a program called winXIP not WinZIP

open up the files [ .xip s] and inject the .xbx's in the ones it tells u to

Were any of you able to get the msdash skin to work?

Yes, i was able to get this to work, but i'd recomend using somthing like UIX, because your m$ dash aint gonna have many usefull features, unlike UIX

EDIT: Your dash MUST be version 4920, its on the original xbox live games, i think splintercell 1 had the updater.xbe on the disk and it was version 4920

Hope this helps

This post has been edited by KyesaRRi: Apr 8 2005, 05:17 AM <