xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Http://www.acidmods.com  (Read 1231 times)

hyfall381

• Archived User
Http://www.acidmods.com
« on: March 18, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »

You bought something from http://www.acidmods.com?

Please leave your experience, opinion, rating and/or comments here!

hyfall381

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 02:54:00 PM »

AMShop
Order Number: 5172
Probe 3
X360USB Pro
Date Ordered -  Tues, March 15th 2011

Whats up guys. I'd like to share my experience with my dealings at acidmods.com. I went there to order the x360usb pro and probe 3.  Of course like everywhere, the first batch was sold out.  Now, I did not notice that it said "Sold Out" on the front page.  So I went through the order process only to notice it after I had already placed my order.  sad.gif   So, I replied to the confirmation email, asking to cancel my order.

When I get a call on my cell phone from an unknown number, I don't pick up.  When I was in class, I had a few missed calls from the same unknown number.  So on my break, I called it to see who the hell was calling me.  Turns on, it was the guy from amshop (I think thats the acidmods shop place).   He told me that if I wanted to cancel my order, he could do that no problem.  But he wanted to speak to me first and let me know that in a few weeks, they'll have the x360usb pros again, and with the cases.  He told me if I want, He'll process my order and make sure I definitely get one of those.  

He told me if I want, he can ship the probe 3 to me first, which they'll have there on march 21st.  Or, he could ship everything together a week later when the usb pros get there.  I asked him to ship the probe 3 first.  He was very nice about doing that. I asked if there would be a shipping charge for that, since it's now 2 seperate things being shipped.  He told me not to even worry about it.  smile.gif    He then sent me 2 new confirmation emails just to keep everything square.

So Monday, the 21st, they should have the Probe 3's, which means I should be getting mine shortly after. I'm pretty sure he said they ship from Oregon. Im in CT. So shipping shouldnt take too long.  We'll see how it goes with shipping times, tracking info and all that.  But so far, I am very impressed with their customer service and communication.  I can call or email this guy, and he's right there to help.  

Oh, and I'm not in any way associated or affiliated with this company. lol. I've been a member here on X-S since 2003.  I really just want to share my experience with this online shop.  Good companies deserve to be talked about just as much as the bad ones do.  tongue.gif

I'll report back after i get the probe 3, then again after that x360usb pro.  But so far, so good  smile.gif

hyfall381

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »

I'm back  tongue.gif  I got my x360usb pro and the probe 3 today, just a few days short of 1 full month since the time I ordered them.  
Now, he did tell me that it would be a few weeks until the x360usb pro gets in.  So I knew I was in for a wait.  I told him it was no problem and to just keep me updated.

After a few weeks went by, I emailed him to see if I could get an update on my order, to see what was going on.   He called me just a few hours after I sent that email. He told me that the earthquake in Japan delayed everything, but that I was still on the list to receive both items as soon as he gets them.

He asked me if he could just send both items together.  I was fine with it.  He told me that everything should be there Monday, March 28th and that he'd ship my order to me right away.  I thanked him and asked him to email me a tracking number when it was shipped.

Well, another week went by and I hadn't heard anything.  So I emailed him again.  2 days later, he emailed me a shipping notification and tracking number.   3 business days later (today), I got my order.

So... was my experience good or bad?  Not sure.  I know things happen, like items not being in stock, overseas shipping taking a long time, and things happening that are unexpected.  On the other hand, I did ask to be kept up to date with things, and the only way I was informed was when I emailed him.   But, I have to say, he is great about getting back to me and once the item was shipped, it got here quick!

Would I do business with this place again?  Yes.  I have no doubt that if the items were in stock, I would have had them a few days after ordering.  Also, with so many places not replying to emails, it's great to have someone who not only replies, but actually calls you to answer your questions and concerns.

I will do business with them again. smile.gif