xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: What Do You Use To Power Your Wireless Controller?  (Read 2943 times)

TheRealPeppers

• Archived User
What Do You Use To Power Your Wireless Controller?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »

I use rechargeable AA from dollar store but I would rather be useing a wired controller if I had one.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »

Play and charge kits are for nubs!  tongue.gif . I use 2500mAh rechargeable AAs from Aldi's @ £1.99 for a 4 pack. They last for ever!. I also have a wired controller for the homebrew console  biggrin.gif .

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »

I use my modded wireless with M$ play-n-charge for live console and wired for xbr box. Both are M$ brand controllers.
http://img9.imagesha.../3351/janky.png
No it's not rapidfire. Duke thumbs with shaved down holes so it hits 100%, heel liners and silicon skin for comfort.
I prefer wired controllers. I dont sit far enough away from my tvs to be bothered by the length of the wires. That and the weight of the wireless is better/lighter. Though those energiezer lithium are very light. If I had another set of duke thumbs I'd do it to the wired.

40_ounce

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2020, 04:33:00 AM »

Rechargable energizer. I have four so two are always charged never have to wait or look for batteries. I was thinking of buying a wired controller maybe I'll get one soon.

TheRealPeppers

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »

the problem with NIMH battery's is if you store them with a full charge not inside a device that uses at least a small amount of power like a wiimote or 360 controller they go dead, so if your don't plan on using the battery for a wile ether put um in something like that or drain them first.

I had a total of 6 AA's and now I'm down to two because of this. since I'm more concerned with the real world and I only play video games every few months or so.

[TR]

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 04:03:00 AM »

2500/2700mAh rechargeable AA's for me.
I've been using them for a few years in all manner of things, so the 360 controllers weren't even a question. They last a good long time and charge quickly overnight. If they die on me while playing I just use a couple regular AA's that I have on hand for that.
The only thing I don't like is the bulging battery pack on the back of the controller, but that would be there regardless.

ccfman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(iceman2048 @ Feb 22 2010, 02:30 PM) View Post

Voted for rechargeable AAs.

A relatively minor question, can the play and charge kit be used without any sort of batteries/battery pack installed? MS says you can't but I'd like to hear from gamers who use it on a da-to-day basis smile.gif

Yes it can.  I sometimes use it when I don't have batteries to use.

Lugnut

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »

Therealpeppers:

Thats the reason why i went with teh rayovac 4.0 batteries. they are low self discharge nimh, kind of like eneloops but not quite as good.  However they were only a buck each. I also use a slow trickle charger this way i can just swap batteries as i go and leave them in there until needed.  I do the same with the AAA's in the turtle beach headsets.

horror

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »

I have rechargeable in everything I own. The new precharged batteries hold charges for  a long time and are much better.  I have multiple chargers, some charge in 15 minutes, some 12 hours, but the one I normally use is around 2 hours for normal rechargeable and 15 minutes for 15 minute batteries.

Energizer suck, they are the only batteries ive had fail on me  (besides 2 that looked chewed on). I usually go with rayovac, rayovac was also the first with 15 minute batteries and the first with pre charged.

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(iceman2048 @ Feb 22 2010, 08:30 AM) View Post

Voted for rechargeable AAs.

A relatively minor question, can the play and charge kit be used without any sort of batteries/battery pack installed? MS says you can't but I'd like to hear from gamers who use it on a da-to-day basis smile.gif

I do it all the time. Works fine

Bravo1

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »

$10 for the play and charge kit and $5 for each rechargable battery from the M$ store.  biggrin.gif

Jimbobjoeyman

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »

cheap ones on ebay last longer than you would expect and for $1.99 u cant go wrong cool.gif

Weirdjerz3y

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »

Duracell 2000mAh-DX1500NiMH
Works great, lasts a few days, Chrages in 6 hours but comes with 4AA, i just charge while sleeping

QUOTE(TheRealPeppers @ Feb 24 2010, 08:45 PM) View Post

the problem with NIMH battery's is if you store them with a full charge not inside a device that uses at least a small amount of power like a wiimote or 360 controller they go dead, so if your don't plan on using the battery for a wile ether put um in something like that or drain them first.

I had a total of 6 AA's and now I'm down to two because of this. since I'm more concerned with the real world and I only play video games every few months or so.

You sure you not confusing them with the NI-Cd batteries, cause those die if you dont use them, but i have some NIMh that i haven't charged or used in 4months, i charged them two days ago, and they're still going strong

whitak3r

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »

Nyko Charge Station.

Takes a little bit longer then the Official M$ Charge Station to charge the packs, but they last about the same, a little shorter. You get 2 packs instead of 1 for the same price as official. I bought Official M$ packs to use in the charge though. The Official packs have lasted over a year and still hold a charge for quite a while.

carlitoB

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »

rechargeable AA duracell batteries all the way. I use them in my 360 controllers, my mouse and my keyboard. had them years in these, still hold charge as good as new. last weeks before need charging in 360 controller, and in my charger charge as quick as lightning. allways have 2 charged on the side for those 12hour cod days just in case. cant believe people buy those play and charge kits lol.

i use duracell 2650mAh and a panasonic BQ-395 quick charger. nothing but the best smile.gif

all you guys who use energizer, seriously buy 1 pack of these and you will never go back. i tried a pack of energizers and the last no where near as long as the duracells.

just annoying having to have 2x wireless headsets as you cant put batteries in them. cant stand turtle beach's, got full 5.1 surround sound setup anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6