xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: How Did You Homebrew Your 360?  (Read 1809 times)

Ruiner420

• Archived User
How Did You Homebrew Your 360?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »

Yeah I just switched back to the new XBR, no XEX patching is really sweet, loading games on the HDD just like xbox1 days. This also fixes all issues with title updates/DLC

Played Halo 3 ODST system link Co-Op with my room mate for 2 hours last night with no freezing, no problems at all biggrin.gif

Still can't get GTA4 to load though, it always freezes at the copyright screen (and yes I have my clock set lol)

Surazal

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »

I can't vote until I can cast a vote for all 7 exploitable boxes I have.
smile.gif

torkeh

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 06:06:00 PM »

^^ haha I was probably 15 or so too when i modded my first xbox... I started with a dreamcast a long long time ago, but that was as simple as burning a disc haha... Yeah man, courage, it took me about 8 hours to mod my first xbox1 that I owned. Afterward I was the happiest kid ever haha. I even started doing it for my friends, I got fairly good at it. I dont have an exploitable xbox360 though... not yet... I hope they fix the  8955 kernel so it can be hacked.... I updated one time too many I suppose.

themashedavenger

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 04:56:00 AM »

im kida surprised at how may ppl r doing this....
both my boxes arnt able but not sure i would bother to be honest, seems like a bit of a headache just to play emulators and such... maybe when theres something i would actually use regularly, wat would be awsome is a program like xbc or kai but runs off ur box!

hyfall381

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »

^^^ I agree. Like you said, seems like a bit of a headache, and don't really get much out of it. Nothing about any of this is exciting to me. It's cool others are doing this. but i dont plan on it. yawn.

niai

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 06:39:00 AM »

its not just for emulators
its to run games off hdd, modding games, grate media centre possibility, hmebrew games, free live severs are a possibility, new dash, bigger hdds

the possibility are all most endless

flbeserk

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 07:10:00 AM »

yea i'm using a cygnos with the new XBreboot.  Works swell.  Yes so many possibilities.  XBLA Games, Emulators, Media Players, Games On the hard drive so no more needing discs.  DLC can be added also.  Bigger hard drive (can't wait to slap a 1tb laptop hdd in there :-)) but yea it's pretty sweet.  but i hardly use it :-/  i just want an XBMC 360 really.  all in due time.

DiG1TAL

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 11:21:00 PM »

How is it people can play games off a hdd? You mean an external 500gig - 1tb drive or just the standard 360 hdd? If this is possible how can anyone play any of the newer games? I thought the only way you could play some of these newer games (gta:lcs, borderlands, cod:mw2) was by updating the dashboard which made this hack more or less useless. So everyone with this hack can or cant play any of those games? Ive been under the assumption you couldnt play any newer games unless you updated, which made homebrew useless to me at least. Ive been using my computer for emulators for years and didnt see a point not being able to play the new games just to play emulators and older games (pre fall 09).

Sorry if these questions have been answered before, I havent gone through every single thread related to the homebrew hack.

m00nstone

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »

You can run all of the latest games. You can launch them from USB or the internal hard drive (upgrade to the largest you require). You can "reboot" into the latest dashboard (8955). You can even log into Xbox Live, but you will likely be banned.

If your only goal is to pirate games, you'll never get the point of Homebrew.

easyguy

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 03:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(DiG1TAL @ Jan 7 2010, 07:21 AM) View Post

How is it people can play games off a hdd? You mean an external 500gig - 1tb drive or just the standard 360 hdd? If this is possible how can anyone play any of the newer games? I thought the only way you could play some of these newer games (gta:lcs, borderlands, cod:mw2) was by updating the dashboard which made this hack more or less useless. So everyone with this hack can or cant play any of those games? Ive been under the assumption you couldnt play any newer games unless you updated, which made homebrew useless to me at least. Ive been using my computer for emulators for years and didnt see a point not being able to play the new games just to play emulators and older games (pre fall 09).

Sorry if these questions have been answered before, I havent gone through every single thread related to the homebrew hack.

The hack already includes the latest dash so you won't have to go through the update process, burning of fuses, etc. So unless ms releases a newer dash, you can run all the latest games just fine. That's the whole point of the hack really: reboot to the latest dash using the jtag exploit

j-lee

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 05:41:00 PM »

My xbox is past hacking it's kernal 8477 or something like, it's sure not 7*** anyway. I'll probably get a rrod box and fix it cause to be honest I cant wait to get stuck in to one of these 360's I'm itching to see the day I have xbmc on a 360 and run my games off the hdd. But for now I am just going to have to wait and be envious of everyone else....

Hack_Bird

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 03:05:00 AM »

Wy did I update 3 days before the great Jtag trick?
Anyway, lets find an other hack XD

fuch

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »

I am painfully waiting on a new jtag/exploit as well because I'm not buying another 360 after Microsoft arbitrarily neutered the only one I have by "banning" it, rendering my paid-for Live membership useless to myself and family.

Unfortunately, buying XBLA games is now an obstacle, and many users may end up just pirating them.

(here's to rolling the dice for a better exploit)

RichMR2

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »

I plan to do XBR once I have all the necessary cables, resistors etc. and a simple, idiot's guide. However, freezing issues mentioned early on in this discussion are making me think...

Not sure if it's possible, and in no way do I want to hijack or change this topic but which method works best? Which is easiest to do?

Nefilim

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »

I have an old Xenon RROD box that i fixed and flashed with XBR.  I'm loving it.  Haven't had any issues with freezing AT ALL after updating to the latest version of XBR.  Slapped a spare 80GB laptop HDD in a M$ case and am using that for the internal drive (loaded with 200+ xblive arcade games!), and then an external USB HDD with a dozen or so xbox 360 games and tons of movies and tv shows.
Pages: 1 [2] 3