xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Was Your 360 Banned From Live Recently (after Oct 28th)?  (Read 4541 times)

jmc15john

• Archived User
Was Your 360 Banned From Live Recently (after Oct 28th)?
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2009, 06:13:00 AM »

I've got a Hitachi 79 and I didn't get banned.  It was fw 1.4 for the longest time.  Probably since 1.5 years or more.  I took a break from live for the last 6 months or so, and just recently started playing again like 2 weeks ago.  I've since upgraded to 1.51 and played a few newer games with no problem.

JBmtk

• Archived User
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(gr33nsauce @ Nov 11 2009, 11:47 PM) View Post

so...I don't have a modded 360 (firmware chipset or whatever people do) I just got the Rrod on my console while I was playing Mw2 (no more warranty plus upset) anyways so I researched and did the x clamp removal so now my console gets banned for what me not plugging in the dvd drive while i let the thermal paste get hot? If so then why is Microsoft banning me because I decided to fix something that should have not been present in the first place?

This is good information....

Eamon

• Archived User
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2009, 04:28:00 AM »

LOL, people are still speculating that bans are due to bad burns?

c4eva practically admitted that MS has found a way to detect his ixtreme firmware. That's why he is making ixtreme Lite Touch and focusing on making it identical to original fw instead of security.
A nice feature about LT, is that it will run anything regardless of wave so no need to worry about reflashing every couple of months (probably). But the downside is that you will have to MAKE SURE your backups are verified and secure to play on XBL. I think splitvid is now required on every backup now.

Originally the past banwaves were due to bad burns or bad rips but this time, the firmware can now be detected.

gsharpshooter

• Archived User
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »

well im not modded but im still close 2 selling my 360 and do have a ps3 so i might as well buy a new laptop and get games from torrents connect a 360 controller n play my portable "benhecked" 360 that way lol.

ps @ jBmtk, ur sig had me on the floor lmfao srry just had 2 pt that out!

cjohnson419

• Archived User
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2009, 01:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Eamon @ Nov 25 2009, 06:28 AM) View Post

LOL, people are still speculating that bans are due to bad burns?

c4eva practically admitted that MS has found a way to detect his ixtreme firmware. That's why he is making ixtreme Lite Touch and focusing on making it identical to original fw instead of security.
A nice feature about LT, is that it will run anything regardless of wave so no need to worry about reflashing every couple of months (probably). But the downside is that you will have to MAKE SURE your backups are verified and secure to play on XBL. I think splitvid is now required on every backup now.

Originally the past banwaves were due to bad burns or bad rips but this time, the firmware can now be detected.

the firmware can be detected eh? NOPE...I dont think so. I have a box with 1.6 firmware that has been online on Xbox live EVERY DAY for the last month. It only had a burned game played once for 5 minutes to test the mod. And that was OFFLINE. It is not banned and therefore the firmware mod is NOT detectable.

My guess is that the newer games have something in the code that is not copyable and when you put the backup in the console it flags it, leading to a ban. Maybe a date code?

dokworm

• Archived User
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2009, 05:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(cjohnson419 @ Nov 28 2009, 09:22 AM) View Post

the firmware can be detected eh? NOPE...I dont think so. I have a box with 1.6 firmware that has been online on Xbox live EVERY DAY for the last month. It only had a burned game played once for 5 minutes to test the mod. And that was OFFLINE. It is not banned and therefore the firmware mod is NOT detectable.

My guess is that the newer games have something in the code that is not copyable and when you put the backup in the console it flags it, leading to a ban. Maybe a date code?

My Jasper got banned, I modded it and never had a backup in it. I did this to test if it could be detected, it lasted a week before being banned. I didn't use the 360 to power it when flashing the drive either. Lite-on drive.
If something is *not* banned, it proves nothing, it appears MS doesn't ban every console it can, but if one *is* banned then it shows what they are banning for. In this case, it isn't for playing backups, it isn't for powering up without the drive, it isn't for modding the fans, it isn't for playing bad rips. Somehow they detected the firmware even though *only* originals were ever in it. I have set up another 360 and modded it and have not put *any* discs in it at all, it so far has not been banned, but wether that is because they can't detect it or just haven't banned it, no-one can say at this stage.

QUOTE(PureNasty @ Nov 28 2009, 04:39 AM) View Post

I just spoofed my samsung as BenQ and I might risk going online. Chance is I'll most likely get banned, but somewhere I read there was a fix to this. I don't know if this was a mith or not...hopefully not.
wish me luck!

No, if you are banned there is no way to unban the console, the best you can do is uncripple you HDD to allow games to be installed to it again.

moorebounce

• Archived User
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2009, 07:30:00 PM »

The only dumb part is M$ won't be getting that $50 from most of the people who got banned. I know I won't be renewing my XBL gold account. For a money hungry company like them its kind of doesn't make sense. I don't have to play online to enjoy the games. If I get that hard up I'll have my friends come over and we'll have a lan party.

daywalker1971

• Archived User
« Reply #172 on: December 01, 2009, 07:01:00 PM »

banned with a liteon (jasper arcade) first week of Nov?? I think??

pulsarnx

• Archived User
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »

stats;

-xbox 360 elite from 2008ish.
-modded ix1.61 on benq va6038 drive
-never played a game on live
-only used live for rockband DLC and dashboard updates and only did DLC fro mthe marketplace and not "in-game", I also booted rockband 2 for a game update to use my ion rocker drums.
-I leave my ethernet disconnected when not getting DLC
-modded xbox with dvd drive disconnected from sata port on xbox motherboard, but used xbox power supply to power the xbox-to power the dvd drive

Xbox died RROD August 22, 2009, applied for 3 year warranty fix, recieved shipping label. Was working out of town and forgot to send it in.

October 15th-ish 2009 I baked the console and got it working again, this lasted 3 days. In this time I used live to do a rockband 2 game update. Only played offline, with ethernet unpluged. That was all. RROD shortly after, no indication of violation of terms of use.

November 20ish, 2009 Called in to get a new shipping label (old one expires after 30 days) and they informed me that my console was flagged as "tampered". They sent a request to the repair center for the reason, and I still havn't recieved a response. They said I may have to send pictures of the console to them before they will issue a new shipping label.

Can MS tell a moded console, If a game has never been played on live, just booted to recieve the game updates and dlc? I would guess so. Although MS told me my console is marked tampered not banned.

Ideas ?

Kaisonic

• Archived User
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2009, 11:58:00 PM »

If it's modded, then it has to have been opened, and MS won't even touch a console if the warranty sticker is gone.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]