xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Is The 'new Xbox Experience' Dashboard An Improvement?  (Read 2490 times)

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
Is The 'new Xbox Experience' Dashboard An Improvement?
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »

I think I'll just stick with the current one.  Who knows, after it finally releases I may love it, but from the looks of things I'll just keep my current dashboard.

hitman24

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »

Like wean I moved form Windows XP to VISTA thier was some learning steps, but just like I'm happier with VISTA then I am XP; I'm happier with the New X-BOX 360 dashboard then the old one.

ChubbySpartan

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2008, 12:08:00 AM »

you people know that if you don't like the dashboard, the guide button pulls up the classic "blades"

eebeejay

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2008, 12:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(ChubbySpartan @ Sep 8 2008, 06:08 AM) View Post

you people know that if you don't like the dashboard, the guide button pulls up the classic "blades"

That's what I've been saying, too. But some people just NEED to complain.

FrEaKsHoW12390

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2008, 01:46:00 AM »

i bought a 360 just because it was way away from the retarded Wii now it is changing to the MicroWii this is a sad day for M$ i wish you could choose between the dash you have now and the new dash

but im not happy with the new dash i wanted to stay as far away from the Wii's as possible.

ccfman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2008, 08:32:00 AM »

I'm almost positive that I heard that there will be an option to switch between the two dashs.

As for being able to copy the game to the disc, MS has said that it will improve some games, not all as most new games are optimized for DVD-drive and you will most likely not notice a difference, but for older games, the difference will be noticeable.

I do wish MS would do what sony is doing and having some 360 games available through the market place.  With the increasing size of the 360 Hard drive, this could be possible and eliminate the need for discs.

Since most games are smaller than 7gb, this should not be a problem.

I wonder if any future game would require you to install the game to the HD like a lot of PS3 game install parts of the game to the HD.

With the limitation of the DVD-DL, I wonder if that would happen.

With allowing you to play a game from the HD without the need for the disc, those games would not be able to be traded to a place like Game Stop since the game code or whatever they use would be linked to someone's gamertag.

They could, theoretically build a unique code into the disc itself and when you go to install the game, you have to log into live and the code would be checked to see if it is locked to someone's gamertag other than yours, and if it is not, allow install.

Then you could ant any time de-authorize the code so someone else could install the game on their console, similar to what Apple does in iTunes.

For people who are not on live or don't want to link the game to their gamertag/console, you would to have the disc in the drive in order to play.

Only time will tell what MS will do.

A question:
Does anyone know if Xbox1 games can be installed to the HD?

Chronusdark

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2020, 10:11:00 AM »

all i care about is if it moves faster i would like to invite someone to private chat without getting shot to death
also party chat is

"teh shizzt"

sorry about that i wont do it again

medievil

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2008, 04:03:00 AM »

bit early to be having this poll since it is impossible to answer it fairly...no one has USED the new dash yet...

pingrr

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »

How the fuck am I supposed to know?  I haven't been able to use it yet.

limonaati

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2008, 02:10:00 AM »

Does anyone know if the new dashboard will be required in order to play future games? I haven't been able to find any information regarding this.

I am happy with the current dashboard and don't need Live so I'd just prefer to stick with the old dashboard and not plug my Xbox into Live at all. Of course if games start requiring the new dashboard I might have to update.

Mr. Bojangles

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »

The like:
-Netflix!
-8 person party chat.

The dislike:
-Too appealing to small children, I loved the original blade theme and I pretty much hate the new look.
-I don't care for the avatars, I don't hate them but they are useless to me.
-The network settings setup... I really liked the old network status screen as if there was a problem with something in particular it tells me and gives me a chance to fix it myself. Now its just a little status bar deal that when an error should arise it just tells you there was an error and gives you horrible ways to "help" the situation. Its exactly like the retarded program known as "Windows XP Help Center". The usual "unplug your router and wait blah blah blah" Bullshit. The new network setup just drives me insane.

Just my opinions. I voted "no" mainly because the whole network bullshit.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2008, 11:44:00 PM »

netflix and game to HDD copy = win.

johnshelly12

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2012, 04:46:00 AM »

[quote name='Kallstar' date='Jul 19 2008, 04:55 AM' post='4310502']
I think its an improvement without a doubt. At first when I created my Mii on the Wii, i didnt really care for the little guy. It just felt like an unnecessary step to just getting to the game... but then every now and then you have a bunch of buddies over playing that lame trivia game.. and all of a sudden you have your own little guy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]