xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Bannings  (Read 2138 times)

chipper36

• Archived User
Ps3 Bannings
« on: February 25, 2010, 10:10:00 AM »

My wife has a PS3 and has been banned for 1 week unfairly. She has been abused via a game and we followed instructions as Sony provided us with - to report the abuse. We did and our console got banned for over-reporting.

Please can somebody help me to unban the console - this ban is totally unfair and my wife deserves her console back.

I have yellowdog linux installed and if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Ps3 Bannings
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »

most like you are gonna have to wait the week or talk to sony directly. If they do it like MS the console id is whats banned so unless you can change that you are just stuck.

chipper36

• Archived User
Ps3 Bannings
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 04:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Feb 26 2010, 02:57 AM) View Post

most like you are gonna have to wait the week or talk to sony directly. If they do it like MS the console id is whats banned so unless you can change that you are just stuck.

Hi,
Talking to Sony for the last 8 months has led to this 1 week console suspension and following their advice.
Does anyone realise that on PSN you can be a victim of racial sexual abuse etc...  and when you ring up to complain or use the built in report tool from within some games you can end up with a ban for over reporting offensive content.
Sony in this case Sony London studios have got serious problems and have no control over their automated moderation system.
I have been fighting them for almost 1 year and for over using their report tool they banned my console and my sons for 1 week.
As you can imagine i am really angry at this and the 1 week suspension i can live with but not the injustice behind it.
If anyone has any tips please feel free to PM me

HotKnife420

• Archived User
Ps3 Bannings
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 07:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(chipper36 @ Feb 26 2010, 12:19 PM) View Post

Hi,
Talking to Sony for the last 8 months has led to this 1 week console suspension and following their advice.
Does anyone realise that on PSN you can be a victim of racial sexual abuse etc...  and when you ring up to complain or use the built in report tool from within some games you can end up with a ban for over reporting offensive content.
Sony in this case Sony London studios have got serious problems and have no control over their automated moderation system.
I have been fighting them for almost 1 year and for over using their report tool they banned my console and my sons for 1 week.
As you can imagine i am really angry at this and the 1 week suspension i can live with but not the injustice behind it.
If anyone has any tips please feel free to PM me

What do you mean by "over-reporting"? Were you filing more than one report per offense? Why was your son's console banned - were you having him report as well? If so, were they the same event, or a seperate one?

Sounds kinda like you're saying that you've been calling sony for 8 months because some people you played online with had offensive language... you do know there's not much Sony can do about that, right?

chipper36

• Archived User
Ps3 Bannings
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Feb 26 2010, 02:21 PM) *

What do you mean by "over-reporting"? Were you filing more than one report per offense? Why was your son's console banned - were you having him report as well? If so, were they the same event, or a seperate one?

Sounds kinda like you're saying that you've been calling sony for 8 months because some people you played online with had offensive language... you do know there's not much Sony can do about that, right?

Yes you are correct Sony can do nothing about this because of the way their system is managed.
The same account was only ever used to report each individual case.
Offensive language is unfortunately part of everyday Internet life and can be easily tolerated, but this case against Sony goes far beyond what i can type in a public forum.
Please close this thread.
Regards

skipper132

• Archived User
Ps3 Bannings
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »

this is retarded, waaaa someone said something mean waaa waaa, rly dude, you deserve to be banned.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Ps3 Bannings
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(skipper132 @ Feb 28 2010, 10:22 PM) View Post
this is retarded, waaaa someone said something mean waaa waaa, rly dude, you deserve to be banned.

Maybe some people dont want small kids to hear some pissed off player using foul language. I dont agree with Sony banning chipper36 for reporting some one. Kinda is backwards of what should have happened.

And skipper132 keep those kinds of post up and you will deserve to get banned from here.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Ps3 Bannings
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 11:31:00 PM »

This thread reeks of BS and makes no sense.  What does it have to do with Linux and how did 7 months of "talking" to SONY lead to a 1 week ban.  Close it because you have no details or evidence?  Sure thing...