xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Emulators Running On Ps3  (Read 896 times)

sincitysaint

• Archived User
Emulators Running On Ps3
« on: May 20, 2008, 07:34:00 PM »

Pretty self-explanatory, is there a list of Linux builds optimized for the PS3 and emulators that work on them?  My Google-Fu is strong but it's failing me here.

wassco

• Archived User
Emulators Running On Ps3
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »

Bump!

i too would like to know what emulators runs relatively decent (by that i mean work good enough that it runs them enough to enjoy using it!

MASSIVELY appreciate this.. ill google some shit and post what i find in a bit..

K1ngArth3r

• Archived User
Emulators Running On Ps3
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 03:26:00 AM »

I know that both ScummVM and CPX3 run alright on Linux on the PS3

mtsaint

• Archived User
Emulators Running On Ps3
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 03:59:00 AM »

As long as the emulation your going to run is 2D it should play fine. The linux side of the ps3 has poor 3d capabilities. SDLMame , XE, SNES 9X GTK ,and Mednafen all run great. SDLMame has come along way on the PS3.
Check out the YDL forums if you really want the info on how to set up your box.

Kolk1604

• Archived User
Emulators Running On Ps3
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 04:04:00 AM »

The best thing I have found is the "Zerogame" project by zerojay. And that goes for any platform. Basically, it's a bunch of old-skool emulators all rolled up into one application. Currently the following emulators are installed and these are the best ports for linux. (Based off of the Wahcade frontend)

Commodore 64
Gameboy
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Color
Sega Genesis/MegaDrive
MAME
NES
SNES
Wonderswan

The project is currently in beta (latest release is 0.40) But a 1.0 release should come soon.

Here's the homepage http://thezerogameproject.com/  But it's just an index page. Everything you need is in the readme which can be found here.

http://thezerogamepr...ogamereadme.txt