xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help Plz  (Read 787 times)

venne78

• Archived User
Need Help Plz
« on: June 04, 2009, 02:59:00 PM »

Hi,

ok guys, so here's the situation, no joke... there's this guy at work who i know, who lost his first son a few years ago, 2 weeks ago his last son died on him too.
Now he came to me with his sons ps3 asking me if i could extract his sons pictures from the ps3 hdd to a memory stick. the only problem is that the ps3 doesnt boot anymore...
when i turn it on there's no signal on my tv, also the fans noise drops 2 seconds after i boot it up to silently still, but i'm guessing the ps3 is still on after that, green led is burning and it gives a beep when i press the eject button on the blu-ray.

can i hook the ps3 hdd to a pc who supports sata for a normal desktop hdd.
and if so, can i somehow search for any pics on that hdd through maybe the "recover my files" program on my desktop or is there any other specific program for the ps3 to do this?

i just wanna do him this favor
i'm still gonna google myself this weekend, but maybe there's some ps3 freaks around here that can help me give a jumpstart?

thanks in advance

No_Name

• Archived User
Need Help Plz
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »

Hook the drive up on another PS3 and pull the pics off that way.

venne78

• Archived User
Need Help Plz
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »

i've read that every hdd is crypted specifically for each PS3, so after reinserting it into another console it must be reformated to be able to use it.

so i'll keep looking for another way

whyexactly

• Archived User
Need Help Plz
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 12:59:00 AM »

Yup, the console will ask to format the drive before allowing it to be used. So definitely don't do that.

Have you tried a hard reset on the video? It might just be outputting in the wrong format for your TV. Also try the other output port.