xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: TVersity Media Server v0.9.11.4 - PS3 OS v2.1 Support  (Read 780 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
TVersity Media Server v0.9.11.4 - PS3 OS v2.1 Support
« on: December 30, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 30-12-2007 23:45 EST

A new version of TVersity Media Server has been released. TVersity allows you to stream pretty much any media (music/pictures and video) format to your PS3 (with on-the-fly transconding if required) from a Windows PC.
What's new/fixed:
    * Transcoding
          o Transcoding configuration can now be done on the file/folder/url level, in which case it wil supersede the system wide settings.
    * Customizable Menus
          o It is now possible to set the menus to be organized by folders only, this is in additon to the default menu organization and the custom one.
    * Devices
          o Turn off transcoding of AVI/DIVX (version 4 or higher) for the Sony PS3 (Divx3 is still transcoded) since firmware 2.1 can play them natively.
          o AVI/Divx that do not play natively can still be manually configured to be transcoded. This for examples solves the PS3 problem with Divx files larger than 2 Gb.
    * Bug Fixes
          o Do not register a Windows shell context menu command for files (since it gets invoked when double clicking on file types that have no other handlers). The context menu command for folders is still kept since it has no undesirable side effects.

Official Site: http://tversity.com
Download: here

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »

THREE_Consoles

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »

Maybe some one of you guys can help me?I also use Tversity and now the new version too and have no issues only BD rips wount work for me.
If i download a renamed .mkv to .vob or .mp4 the PS3 says the data are dammaged.
I only get a mpeg2 or a mpeg4 file.I also have tryed to convert a .avi on the fly truth the download to 720p vid and i get a .mpeg @ 720p with 8GB.The vid shows up and have preview but if i start the vid i will only get a black screen.If i convert the vid with a other Tool like ImTOO DVD Ripper to a 720p .mp4 with 1,7GB the vid works fine.
At last i have tryed to use the old ffdshow and now the .vob or .mp4 dont get downloaded any more.
Sure i have tryed to use the same settings like all others on the WEB but no success.
This night i have deinstalled all other codecs only Tversity and ffdshow(rev.802) will now be on my computer.
H-E-L-P (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by THREE_Consoles: Jan 8 2008, 06:45 PM

aldercy101

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »

Theres a problem playing WMA files with the new version. If I try to random play my music by artist on my PS3, mp3, and aac play fine but wma files after playing dont advance to the next song. It freezes and pressing next or advance doesnt work. Have to exit out and start playing music all over again. MP3 and AAC advance to the next random song but WMA come to and end and then it stops. Any idea on how to get WMA to advance to the next song? It played correctly under 9.11.3