xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sixaxis On Vista  (Read 719 times)

fiveseven

• Archived User
Sixaxis On Vista
« on: July 06, 2007, 05:52:00 AM »

Good morning, I finally have returned to Xbox-Scene's forums! Wooo!

Anyway... I have a PS3, and I've been trying to get the controller to work on my PC, for emulatoring... seeing as I want to play my PSX backups of my favorite games from that system. Problem is, I can't get it to work.

I downloaded the files, libusb-win, ps3sixaxis driver thing...

I installed everything and plugged in the controller. Nothing. It shows up under gaming devices, and I actually had the darn thing "working" in a psx emulator. I could assign buttons, but it still didnt do anything when I was trying to play the game.

Any ideas? Why the heck hasn't anyone released an ACTUAL driver instead of this BS wanna be driver? It should be THAT difficult to make something work.

--- Libusb also causes my USB ports to get all messed up in device manager.

knil

• Archived User
Sixaxis On Vista
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »

Yeah I had same problem running it on windows 7.   But after I turned off my ps3 completely by either the back switch or pulling the power cable out, Everything worked great.  You should not have any lights flashing on the controller.
I'd like to know if anyone has it working through bluetooth yet?  that would be perfect.

NicOD

• Archived User
Sixaxis On Vista
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 05:18:00 AM »

Are you using 32bit or 64bit?

As said above, try motionjoy. I use it for 64bit and it works quite well. Given you have to disable driver signing on every boot up you wish to use the controller as far as I can see. A bit annoying but yeah.