xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Slim 3001a Usb Problem  (Read 769 times)

Jlong30

• Archived User
Ps3 Slim 3001a Usb Problem
« on: October 28, 2013, 02:09:00 AM »

As the title states I have a PS3 slim model CECH-3001a slim that I bought on ebay to repair. The listing showed that the hard drive was missing and the system couldn't start because no proper storage was found I knew this was an error from having no hard drive present at all in the system so I snatched it up. I put in a hard drive the system started and asked for the usual connect a controller through a USB cable message. I connected a controller and got nothing no charging light and when I pressed the PS button it turned on my other system . I thought that I needed to reset the controller to un-sync it from the previous system to let it turn this one on, so I used the small reset button on the back of the controller and still nothing. I then went on to think perhaps the USB connections were dirty or broken I tried air duster and a flash light and magnifying glass to inspect them and found no pins pushed down and no dust or dirt anywhere on the pins. I took my Western Digital USB HDD connected it and the light came on flashed repeatedly as if it was reading the drive and then the light stayed lit . I took the system completely apart looking for any broken traces and found none the board is pristine and has no signs of harm anywhere.
 Does anyone have an idea of what I can do next to figure out where in the world the problem is I am currently stuck on the connect a controller screen and can't get any further until I do . I don't know which fuses to check to possibly see if there is a bad fuse I can bridge to get the ports working again or if there may be a work around I can solder to the board and rig an USB extension cable from the board out of the system just long enough and out of sight enough to sync a controller and get the system powered up, I can from there use a recharge base to charge the controllers etc.
 Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.