xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can Somebody Identify This Part On The Blu Ray Circuit Board  (Read 433 times)

mbex

• Archived User
Can Somebody Identify This Part On The Blu Ray Circuit Board
« on: September 13, 2012, 12:09:00 AM »

That is an smd coil. Check you laser, try with CD, DVD and a Bluray, if one of these works it is from the laser diode. If you can hear the pickup lense moving up and down when CD inserted and no spining is from the laser diode.

sirotz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »

Can anyone identify what this part is exactly?

The following is a picture I took of the blu ray circuit board from an original PS3 60gb.  The numbers on the board say BMD-001 1-871-575-34.  This PS3 was a repaired YLOD and now the disc won't spin.  I've read numerous things online about why it wouldn't spin and there are countless bad lasers answers out there.  Everything appears fine with the laser as it worked up to the point of the YLOD.  It also goes through it's checks fine. (returns to home, Blu laser, red laser..rinse and repeat)

The YLOD was caused by overheating due to dust and ventilation.  That was apparent as soon as the PS3 was opened.  This part is on the board and faces the heatsheild of the mobo it looks like it might be an inductor?  It has  .100 stamped on it and I am assuming it has something to do with some sort of motor control.  Any ideas?

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i242/sirotz/photo.jpg

Thanks all

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 04:05:00 AM »

This part looks little ocidaded but not burned up... usually these pop out when they get burned... Maybe think again and replace the laser before you start messing with the board.