xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Jerky And Freezing/stuttering In Gameplay?  (Read 311 times)

skoda1800

• Archived User
Ps3 Jerky And Freezing/stuttering In Gameplay?
« on: February 04, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »

Greeting experts, my PS3 picture and sound skips or is lagged behind in gameplay, what could be the problem? I suspect it could be the the laser being weak and slow reading the disk. I have tested the games on a new machine and they run perfectly. it is a slim model CECH2002A which is out of warranty. Has anyone encountered similar problems and how did it get resolved.

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 01:32:00 AM »

No, personally didn't encounter such issue before, but yes it could be a failing laser.

skoda1800

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 04:40:00 AM »

Damn, SONY and their dodgy lasers, repair are over $100, I think I might try to get something like Jailbreak so I use my harddisk for games instead.

skoda1800

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 01:06:00 AM »

I have traced issue to the hard disk. I swapped a hdd from a ps3 that i know works perfectly and it worked without issues.

Then i put the dodgy hdd drive in the other ps3 and it had the same issue as the one that it originally come from.

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 06:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(skoda1800 @ Apr 18 2012, 09:06 AM)  

I have traced issue to the hard disk. I swapped a hdd from a ps3 that i know works perfectly and it worked without issues.

Then i put the dodgy hdd drive in the other ps3 and it had the same issue as the one that it originally come from.

So, it must be the HDD fault. What you need is to get a new 2.5" HDD and plug it in your PS3, format it when you get prompted and you will be fine smile.gif