xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Laser Help  (Read 294 times)

Mr Spoon87

• Archived User
Ps3 Laser Help
« on: March 12, 2011, 04:19:00 AM »

Hi,

This is my first post, ive tried seraching about this proplem but cant find anything so thought id try my luck here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

There is a bit of plastic on both sides of the DVD drive that are connected by a metal bracket underneath that pivots.

When that pivot isn’t connected to both sides the laser moves and lights up, but when it is on both sides all the motors and brackets move but the laser doesn’t light up.

Any info will be much appreciated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Mr Spoon87

• Archived User
Ps3 Laser Help
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 07:06:00 AM »

Has anyone even heard of this problem before??

BKster

• Archived User
Ps3 Laser Help
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »

I havent really repaired to many Blue ray drives as of yet.It kinda of hard to understand what you trying to say your problem is in writing without pics..Could you get some pics in here?...That would be great..

I'm going to just buy me a cheap broken blueray drive just to teach myself and experiment.I havent even seen how it looks inside expect on pictures but it would be a great to learn some things about it.

I have already seen youtube video and also read that the Bluray Drive had to be aligned.This could be essential to the drives operation....maybe??...

Checkout youtube search for some PS3 Blue ray drive alignment procedures to make sure everything is lined up like it suppose to be....The Ps3 I believe is full of secrets....

Thats the only thing I can think of right now but i will keep you issue in mind....I may have to repair it one day...

B.K. The Tech'

This post has been edited by BKster: Mar 13 2011, 04:27 PM

MorboTron

• Archived User
Ps3 Laser Help
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 10:51:00 AM »

That metal pivot arm is what moves the two slide rails that elevates the laser unit evenly.  The reason your laser is not lighting when those are attached is because the laser unit is in the down position.

If you take the top plastic cover off the drive, and look at the lower right corner (BD ROM SLOT FACING YOU), you will see a small PCB with a tactile switch.  The Slider arm on the right side contacts that switch actuator when the Laser unit is in the down position.

When the unit moves up, the slider pulls away from the switch and closes a circuit.  this allows the BD rom drive to flash the laser and begin spinning the disc.

Sorry about the dust in the pic, it's an old part that I keep around for salvage.

(IMG:http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t45/DarthMorbius1977/Muncie%20Game%20Armory/PS3003.jpg)

Something is out of alignment with your elevator mechanism.  It takes a little bit of toying with to get it in the right position.

This post has been edited by MorboTron: Mar 13 2011, 05:53 PM

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
Ps3 Laser Help
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 03:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mr Spoon87 @ Mar 12 2011, 04:06 PM) View Post

Has anyone even heard of this problem before??

Did you put the V (boomerang) shaped metallic addon, correctly? it is responsible for elevating the laser properly.

sharer

• Archived User
Ps3 Laser Help
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »

This is the new problem