xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Please! Ps3 Slim Failed Firmware Update 8002f281 Error  (Read 222 times)

wildwild

• Archived User
Help Please! Ps3 Slim Failed Firmware Update 8002f281 Error
« on: March 10, 2011, 03:06:00 AM »

Hi all,

I have a PS3 slim CECH-2001 model which was stuck in an endless update loop of due to a failed wireless connection.

I have tried everything I could find from Mr Google such as using a different HDD, clean format, using various firmware versions (3.50, 3.55, 3.41) on a USB dongle and it always resulted either 8002F1F9 or 8002F281 error.  The console was supposedly OK before the failed update so I believe the Blu ray drive is OK.

I got it to restore a few times but it only got to about 55% and the error message popped up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I think the last option is to do a firmware downgrade on a Slim console using a patched jailbreak key.  I know this is risky but there is no other option on this piece of junk.

Can anyone tell me if there is another way to fix the fault?

Thanks.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

wildwild

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 07:57:00 AM »

PDATE: I have figured out that the console has bluetooth and wifi issues and thus the update failed before. Damn it, the slim version has the bluetooth and wifi onboard sad.gif sad.gif

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 02:46:00 AM »

that's awfull, maybe someone coudl replace them, with soldering skills.