xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 410 Blueray Drive Won't Eject Or Load  (Read 210 times)

kylum

• Archived User
410 Blueray Drive Won't Eject Or Load
« on: February 03, 2020, 08:02:00 AM »

The disk drive won't take disks or eject. Force eject works however. It plays games. The drive always thinks there is a disk inserted when there is not. It does this no matter what position gears are in. Manually pressing the two sensors on the right front of the drive doesn't do anything and won't turn the system on when on standby. I have swapped the sensor board with a good one. Still nothing. Swapped intire drive including board. Still nada.  It has the 410 laser and so it has no top mounted disk sensor.

What's going on here. Will some options in the service menu fix it like rebuild database and so on. Maybe reload firmware?

Any thought would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hawkthexboxhero

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(kylum @ Nov 19 2010, 04:02 PM) View Post

The disk drive won't take disks or eject. Force eject works however. It plays games. The drive always thinks there is a disk inserted when there is not. It does this no matter what position gears are in. Manually pressing the two sensors on the right front of the drive doesn't do anything and won't turn the system on when on standby. I have swapped the sensor board with a good one. Still nothing. Swapped intire drive including board. Still nada.  It has the 410 laser and so it has no top mounted disk sensor.

What's going on here. Will some options in the service menu fix it like rebuild database and so on. Maybe reload firmware?

Any thought would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hey Mate

it has something to do with the gears and or those clamps that holds the disc inside.
try to boot without dvd or blu ray disc and press all buttons that you can see on the drive dont put the cover on the drive,
so you can actually see what happens

good luck

if it reads game
i can only think about bad gear for ejecting and loading.
your drive wont let it go out of the load status.
so remove screws and align gears.

lad2050

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »

Try unplugging the sensor wire the small red/black one and turn the PS3 on should clear the light, then you can plug it back in.

If that dosent work try doing a emergency eject then pull the motor out so that the gears spin freely. Mine done this as well and for some reason the drive would look to be all the way down but the motor must have been holding it just a little bit. Hope that helps you out.

lad2050

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »

was you able to get this fixed?

Trostle

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »

tutkal

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 11:15:00 PM »

Apparently I have the same problem.

I opened the drive, disconnected the motor, and manually pushed the mechanism, so that it thinks the disc is inside. Then it reads the disc.

However, when I connect the motor back, it gets stuck. The motor prevents any movement in the loading mechanism. Actually it can sometimes eject, but not the other way around.

Is there a fix, or is the motor on sale somewhere?

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 02:43:00 AM »

I will tell you what I do in this case:

I find a new or second hand drive, I swap the controller boards and I throw out the faulty one smile.gif simple as that.