xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 60gb Bc Ps3, And Fan Noise Reduction.  (Read 125 times)

keine

• Archived User
60gb Bc Ps3, And Fan Noise Reduction.
« on: September 25, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »

The fan seems to kick up a level and starts blowing air about 10 minutes into a game or the dash. I was wondering if this is normal. Its louder than my Falcon 360 on any level. Its pretty intense, but not like hair dryer. Compared to my XFX 5770 stock AMD, its nothing.

I currently have it horizontal and elevated up onto 4 wooden blocks (3-4"). So air flow is not a problem.

Would this unit still be covered under warranty at all?

I don't know whether the fan level is level 2 or level3.

If I opened it up to change thermal paste and/or blow it out, how likely would this reduce the fan noise? All this could do would be to help correct? Whats the likelihood I could make things worse?
15/19 blade fan? Whats the story on that? Could I replace a 15 fan w/ a 19 if I had the 15 blade fan?

Please input is very welcome. I've done ALOT of searching.  Can't find any definitive answer on whether new thermal paste would silence the PS3. I tried the elevation method, and it didn't work. I think it help however, as the time to the fans coming on "seemed" to take longer, maybe not.

Would you open up your box for some preventative maintenance? Any definitive source for this type of information?

Thoughts.

some people say its just normal and to live w/ it.

mygameswirelesscom

• Archived User
60gb Bc Ps3, And Fan Noise Reduction.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 04:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(keine @ Sep 25 2010, 09:29 PM) View Post

The fan seems to kick up a level and starts blowing air about 10 minutes into a game or the dash. I was wondering if this is normal. Its louder than my Falcon 360 on any level. Its pretty intense, but not like hair dryer. Compared to my XFX 5770 stock AMD, its nothing.

I currently have it horizontal and elevated up onto 4 wooden blocks (3-4"). So air flow is not a problem.

Would this unit still be covered under warranty at all?

I don't know whether the fan level is level 2 or level3.

If I opened it up to change thermal paste and/or blow it out, how likely would this reduce the fan noise? All this could do would be to help correct? Whats the likelihood I could make things worse?
15/19 blade fan? Whats the story on that? Could I replace a 15 fan w/ a 19 if I had the 15 blade fan?

Please input is very welcome. I've done ALOT of searching.  Can't find any definitive answer on whether new thermal paste would silence the PS3. I tried the elevation method, and it didn't work. I think it help however, as the time to the fans coming on "seemed" to take longer, maybe not.

Would you open up your box for some preventative maintenance? Any definitive source for this type of information?

Thoughts.

some people say its just normal and to live w/ it.
try
self test put your hand(fingers) cover(touch) power& eject
put the power form back ...
you need to 2~3 time to work
it will cleaning your p3 you will see fan runing max
if your p3 still dose same you will need to put new past will help