xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: White Plastic Guide Motherboard Specific?  (Read 81 times)

Boobers

• Archived User
White Plastic Guide Motherboard Specific?
« on: September 08, 2009, 09:10:00 AM »

As I have mentioned before, I have had quite a few BluRay drives that I have swapped out, trying to make good ones out of bad ones.

It's common knowledge that the PCB of the BR Drive is "married" to the PS3 motherboard.

But in researching sources for BluRay Eyes, I came across this little tidbit.

http://www.walterced...tical-lens.html

According to this, the little white plastic guide on the on the existing Laser Eye must be transferred over to the motherboard with the new Eye.  In short, the white plastic guide is also "married" to the motherboard as well.  

That just doesn't make sense to me, as I would think that it's just a plastic piece that is (or at least should be) identical to every other guide.  I had thought that maybe it must be transferred over because replacement laser eyes do not come with that plastic guide, but every picture of replacement lasers do show that white plastic guide.

Has anyone ever heard of this requirement of taking the old white plastic guide off the old Laser Eye and put it on the replacement Laser Eye?

B

mhillaby

• Archived User
White Plastic Guide Motherboard Specific?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 05:02:00 AM »

The new lens in that guide was missing the plastic guide. If ya look at the bag in the first pic theres no plastic track guide.