xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 60gb Not Turning On At All  (Read 105 times)

crowncity

• Archived User
60gb Not Turning On At All
« on: September 07, 2009, 11:14:00 AM »

I normally don't double post but yesterday I spent about  hours trying to trouble shoot the issue. I reflowed it again and this time I just plugged in the power supply and the on/off swtich board and I got a red light.

After I reassembled everything back together I got nothing at all... again grr.gif  

I am going to try it again, but please if anyone out there has any suggestions or ideas, I am all ears. I really want to get this unit back to life.

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 07:00:00 AM »

Hey, are you getting the red light while the top is off?
Once you attach the memory card bay and BR drive the red light stops? Do them one at a time and see when it turns on you.

BTW, please please for the love of everything please open your power supply and take a picture for me or just tell me. I also have a 60gig PS3, but the power supply is messed up. I've searched all over the internet for photos of the power supply but I can only find 2 bad pics.  IPB Image

I need to know what the heck that is. It looks like a fuse or something but I have no clue. In my power supply the screw has a metal piece in the shape of an L and there's two prongs of metal sticking up under it.
If you could tell me if this is a fuse or a resistor or what I'd owe you one. You can see the white box where the power cable connects from the psu to the rest of the ps3 in the pic.

crowncity

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »

I got it working once and once only. I tried to reflow for the 3rd time with no light at all. ( just the metal shield and power supply hooked up, along with the power/eject board) ... Nothing. At this point I think I've killed it or something is wrong that I can not target. When it did work I put everything back together and got nothing yet again. That was the last time a light turned on. Everything that came with it is in working order, everything. I checked for shorts and couldn't find any. I'm lost huh.gif

As for the pictures of the power supply, here are some high res images that I took off of my working 60 gig power supply ::

IPB Image
This is the whole power supply in case someone needs to point out a particular area to talk about

IPB Image
This is what I believe you asked me about Odb718

IPB Image
Another angle

IPB Image
And another angle

I hope these images help you out in figuring whatever is wrong with your power supply. I just wish more people knew more about how to fix this damn thing. I want this unit up and running mad.gif