xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Freezing  (Read 70 times)

sokastr7

• Archived User
Ps3 Freezing
« on: December 13, 2008, 01:58:00 AM »

I bought this PS3 unit that would freeze and then wouldnt read discs, so i replaced the blu ray laser on it thinking that might be the problem. After i replaced it i tested it out and tried playing some MLB The Show 08. I selected the quick game option, First the game took forever to load so i restarted, then as soon as i selected the teams after the restart and tried to start a game the Game shut off itself and went back to the PS3 Menu then it didnt read the disc as being in the system at all. So i shut down the system then started it back up again and tried a different game. I put in Madden and it read that there was a disc in the system but when i went to load it the screen went black. So i again went back and this time the disc didnt show up at all.

It has happened a couple times where the Disc would not mount, It wouldnt eject the disc unless i went in manually and took it out but once i took it out the same problem wouldnt happen for a while, I dont think its the laser because One thing that has been pretty consistent is that after the game doesnt load (it will go to the game screen, It just wont leave the screen with the loading bar) I will eject it and it will go back to the ps3 screen but wont play another disc, but if i shut down the system with no disc in it and restart it then put a disc in, it will read it everytime and go back to the loading screen and freeze.

Right now i am reformatting the hard drive and see what that does, Next i may replace the BD7956FS IC? Maybe the chip isnt spinning the disc as fast as it needs it to or its just burnt out? because the disc is spinning but stops when it realizes the game isnt going to load. Could this als be because the spindle motor died?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks