xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Which Ps3 Problems Are Fixable?  (Read 72 times)

aznxboi37

• Archived User
Which Ps3 Problems Are Fixable?
« on: August 28, 2008, 05:58:00 AM »

Okay, I know there are numerous problems with the PS3, but which fixes are out right now? I know that you can swap lenses, but are there any other successful fixes? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

ewde1

• Archived User
Which Ps3 Problems Are Fixable?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(aznxboi37 @ Aug 28 2008, 07:58 AM) *

Okay, I know there are numerous problems with the PS3, but which fixes are out right now? I know that you can swap lenses, but are there any other successful fixes? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

ps3 no eject/no accept disk--fixable disassemble mechanism check aluminum butterly wing, disengage left black side bar from lower cog wheel and test mechanism with top cover off by swinging out roller/caster arms and engaging the left slide track bar towards the front of the bluray drive( give it a nudge). bluray light should engage. good way to test if laser is working is to disconnect flat widest cable ( attached to main board.) connect power to dvdrom ONLY..no ribbon cable). Power on ps3 and laser should slide foward with 3 -4 updown bops and then light up bright blue. (not dull blue or red...this indicates bad laser.)
after all is well secure top back---always werx for me!

ps3 ylod - fixable with heatgun heatgun cell chip not rsx!!
ps3 novid/no aud rarely fixable heatgun cell chip--NOT the rsx chip!
ps3 no vid but audio  heatgun rsx chip 2 mins then stop! xbox360 solder melts a bit higher than ps3
ps3 no laser read --totally fixable but laser must be changed ...there is no tweaking of the pikup head
ps3 freezes  overheating issue..just apply thermal paste MIXED with AS5. as5 cracks at extreme heat and is useless afetr a while so i mix it. use nonsilcone based paste to prevent silicon migration

This post has been edited by ewde1: Sep 23 2008, 05:58 AM