xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Video Outputs  (Read 190 times)

silentbob343

• Archived User
Video Outputs
« on: December 04, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bizquick @ Dec 4 2006, 06:49 PM) View Post

Okay I havent been following all the PS3 specs for a quite a while. but I was under the impression that the PS3 was going to have dual output options. so like on games that are 2 player split screen could can hook up another TV so you both have full screen view. what happen. to this option. I recall sony claiming this was going to be in the PS3. This is one reason I did wait for PS3 to lauch instead of getting 360 but sense I dont see this maybe the 360 is a better choice.

That was axed a while back along with the dual nics.  Hardware probably couldn't handle it as well as most people not having two TVs sitting next to each other.  Although The PS3 does have two video outs, analog and HDMI, but they won't work together AFAIK.

Bizquick

• Archived User
Video Outputs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 09:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Dec 4 2006, 07:22 PM) View Post

That was axed a while back along with the dual nics.  Hardware probably couldn't handle it as well as most people not having two TVs sitting next to each other.  Although The PS3 does have two video outs, analog and HDMI, but they won't work together AFAIK.

That lazy of sony to do that. I think the hardware could handle it just fine. all you would need to do is offer the same game play in lower res mode.  I think Sony has been promising way to much from this new PS3. besides I was gettign ready for the 2 screen setup. I think having 2 screens near each other is alot more realist than what most would think. besides in a 5 or 8 more years from now people wont need TVs they will use glasses that will project the image very clear and nice and wireless too. Oh corse we most likely will see newer systems by then anyway. but Sony shouldnt have droped it. If you cant support Dual Screen out now and playable you are not Next Gen Video gaming. Your just another way of getting good PC like games on the TV.

silentbob343

• Archived User
Video Outputs
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 10:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bizquick @ Dec 5 2006, 01:00 AM) View Post

That lazy of sony to do that. I think the hardware could handle it just fine. all you would need to do is offer the same game play in lower res mode.  I think Sony has been promising way to much from this new PS3. besides I was gettign ready for the 2 screen setup. I think having 2 screens near each other is alot more realist than what most would think. besides in a 5 or 8 more years from now people wont need TVs they will use glasses that will project the image very clear and nice and wireless too. Oh corse we most likely will see newer systems by then anyway. but Sony shouldnt have droped it. If you cant support Dual Screen out now and playable you are not Next Gen Video gaming. Your just another way of getting good PC like games on the TV.

lol yeah the hardware could handle it if you make it look like crap, but who wants that.  Well that's great in 5-8 years.  Not supporting dual screen is not next gen?  Hmmm.....odd I think both the 360 and PS3 offer next gen gaming on consoles.  You can call it lazy, but if it reduced cost and helped get the product out the door I'm all for dropping those features.  You say; "I think having 2 screens near each other is alot more realist than what most would think."  What size display are you talking about.  I don't think having two 32"+ displays next to each other is very common.  Two computer displays are kind of common I guess.

theBloodShed

• Archived User
Video Outputs
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 10:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(silentbob343)
That was axed a while back along with the dual nics.

Actually, it was 3 network ports.  I think this was removed when they decided not to include built-in network routing for cost reasons (so completely unnecessary from a console).

silentbob343

• Archived User
Video Outputs
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(theBloodShed @ Dec 5 2006, 01:38 AM) View Post

I don't think "if the hardware could handle it" was so much the issue as when they introduced dual HDMI ports at E3 2005 and everyone started laughing.  They continued with, "So if you have two HDTV sets..." and everyone started laughing again.
Actually, it was 3 network ports.  I think this was removed when they decided not to include built-in network routing for cost reasons (so completely unnecessary from a console).

dual nics, three nics, I can't remember.

QUOTE(Bizquick @ Dec 5 2006, 11:37 AM) View Post

But again if this is what the public thinks next gen consoles is. I'm shocked. cause we can get much better performance out of the PC world than any of these consoles.   I'm also shocked that MS made a replacement so quick. What I mean is at leasts the PS2 was out for over 5 years before they made a PS3. .

PC will always lead the consoles as GPUs and processors are getting faster/more powerful every year.

Methadon

• Archived User
Video Outputs
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(theBloodShed @ Dec 5 2006, 06:38 AM) View Post

I don't think "if the hardware could handle it" was so much the issue as when they introduced dual HDMI ports at E3 2005 and everyone started laughing.  They continued with, "So if you have two HDTV sets..." and everyone started laughing again.

Sure, at E305 that's a laugh, but what about 5 years into the life of the PS3 (remember Sony says they give it a 10+ year lifespan)? It's only 2007, and I already know people with more than one HDTV in their house. They're also counting out people who have decent sized HD LCD monitors. I have 2 19" widescreen monitors, and I'll be getting some sort of TV upgrade eventually (either when Plasma drops price again, or when I get a house...probably the house).

Anywayz, in 5 years from now, I'm pretty sure half the people who laughed will be thinking "wow, so&so is over here, and I wish we could both have our own screen while we play x".

MattZani

• Archived User
Video Outputs
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 07:51:00 AM »

you may have 2 PC Monitors, but do they both support HDCP, because if they don't, then you couldn't even use them with PS3.

Matt