xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Passes Fcc Tests  (Read 224 times)

redwolf

• Archived User
Ps3 Passes Fcc Tests
« on: September 18, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

According to the FCC, the PlayStation 3 has passed approval tests and the final clock speed of the Cell CPU has been verified at 3.2 GHz.

IPB Image
Full text

not sure what that means.. is the Xbox 360 faster @ 3x 3.2Ghz  huh.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Ps3 Passes Fcc Tests
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »

no, like it has been said MANY times over, you can not directly compare the two architectures at face value.  

theoretically though, the Cell chip is a little bit faster but it is not as ideal for game development like the xenon chip in the 360 is.  

IMHO, in the end its all a wash where there isnt one thing that one system can do that the other can not.  

if a game was strictly developed around multiple SPEs then yes the ps3 would have the advantage but the disadvantage may come into place when a game was designed for the 360 first.  this doesnt mean that the ps3 would not be able to keep up but it would take some work and vice versa.

P.S. i posted this pdf at another thread

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Ps3 Passes Fcc Tests
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »

According to the FCC, the PlayStation 3 has passed approval tests and the final clock speed of the Cell CPU has been verified at 3.2 GHz.

You mean something that Sony said about the PS3 actually happend?!!? blink.gif

ikecomp

• Archived User
Ps3 Passes Fcc Tests
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(yourM0M @ Sep 18 2006, 08:49 PM) View Post

whats up with the "Bluetooth module & 802.11 module " not transmitting simultaneously??

and i cant find the 360 test report so far on google....anyone with any links of it?

I would like more information on this aswell. Can I not use my bluetooth controllers and WLAN at the same time?

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Ps3 Passes Fcc Tests
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 05:47:00 PM »

The EUT contains Bluetooth (Ver. 2.0+EDR) module and IEEE802.11b/g WLAN module. Those modules do not transmit simultaneously.

Either Sony have made a serious mistake or it's a wording problem. If we assume that you can use Bluetooth and WLAN together, the last sentence in the statement could be referring to the two 802.11 protocols - you wouldn't be able to transmit using b and g at the same time.

If it's the former, then bye bye Fony - er - Sony.

Ickypoopy

• Archived User
Ps3 Passes Fcc Tests
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 07:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Sep 20 2006, 12:54 AM) View Post

Either Sony have made a serious mistake or it's a wording problem. If we assume that you can use Bluetooth and WLAN together, the last sentence in the statement could be referring to the two 802.11 protocols - you wouldn't be able to transmit using b and g at the same time.

If it's the former, then bye bye Fony - er - Sony.

It means exactly what it says.  They will NEVER transmit at the same time.
They are going to use the same tranciever for both bluetooth and 802.11b/g which means they cannot do both at the same time.  Instead they just change back and forth between the two very rapidly so that it seems like it is doing both simoutaneously.  Cellphones do it too, they cannot both send and recieve at the same time wink.gif