xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: True Reason Of Ps3 Delay: 500w Power Consumption.  (Read 589 times)

Roy2001

• Archived User
True Reason Of Ps3 Delay: 500w Power Consumption.
« on: April 09, 2006, 01:54:00 AM »

Just heard the rumor.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »

i heard it was because of Sony not having their Blu-Rays finalized and because their games weren't completed.

Its probably both

500w!?!?!?!?!?! OMYGOSH! The Xbox 360's is 203w! AND THE XBOX 360's POWER CONVERTER IS HUGE! WOW!

XLostSpartanX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »

Theres aloto fo rumors.. pesonaly i think they delayed it because it sucked and they needed to make it better.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(XLostSpartanX @ Apr 9 2006, 03:58 PM) View Post

Theres aloto fo rumors.. pesonaly i think they delayed it because it sucked and they needed to make it better.

You forget, its still gonna suck, i'll bet money that the xbox 360 will be better even though the PS3 is coming out a year later

DragoNs

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 03:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Apr 9 2006, 05:00 PM) View Post

You forget, its still gonna suck, i'll bet money that the xbox 360 will be better even though the PS3 is coming out a year later

Your forgetting what system DOMINATED the markets, not xbox 1 not xbox 360 oh... the ps2, theres no way the PS3 is gunna suck, also the fact is fully backwards compatiable with ps1 and ps2. personally i think they delayed it for Blu-ray because the players arnt even out yet in north america.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 03:29:00 PM »

and where do you get these statistics?

The only reason why Sony had the market for a while was because the only competition was the N64 with the PS1 and the PS2 came out earlier. For the last couple of years, the Xbox has been rising and rising in the market. And now that the 360 is out, the PS2 is looking more and more like crap everyday.

And the PS3 was delayed because the dev kits for it makes it too hard to make games and all the games for it take alot longer to make and not as many software companies have bothered to put time into the PS3.

DragoNs

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Apr 9 2006, 05:36 PM) View Post

and where do you get these statistics?

Right here off xbox-scenes front page, ps2 has like 100 million units sold worldwide, maybe more, xbox has like i think 50 sold world wide?, oh and u say they are dropping slowly? This last holiday PS2 and PSP where both higher then xbox 1 and xbox 360... read some xbox-scene news archives.

Lastly, im not even gunna bother with you anymore, its pretty stupid to fight with such a childish person, i wont even both responding to your 4 other posts u are bashing me/ps3 in, good luck making friends when all you do is bash them. GL

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Apr 9 2006, 04:54 PM) View Post

Right here off xbox-scenes front page, ps2 has like 100 million units sold worldwide, maybe more, xbox has like i think 50 sold world wide?, oh and u say they are dropping slowly? This last holiday PS2 and PSP where both higher then xbox 1 and xbox 360... read some xbox-scene news archives.

Lastly, im not even gunna bother with you anymore, its pretty stupid to fight with such a childish person, i wont even both responding to your 4 other posts u are bashing me/ps3 in, good luck making friends when all you do is bash them. GL

thank you, i asked you to leave me alone along time ago

Neilinator99

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »

you got that wrong psone has sold 100 million unit all over the world in 11 years... thats along time dumbass

DragoNs

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(Neilinator99 @ Apr 15 2006, 07:24 PM) View Post

you got that wrong psone has sold 100 million unit all over the world in 11 years... thats along time dumbass

Im talking about PS2 idiot, PS2 has sold like 94 million since release

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »

Since its launch in Japan on March 4th, 2000, sales of PlayStation 2 has grown steadily, securing its place as the most favorite computer entertainment platform in homes around the world. Particularly, the new slim line PlayStation 2 (SCPH-70000 series), which went on sale in November 2004 starting from Japan, has gained strong support around the world and demand for the platform continues to grow steadily, with shipment reaching 16.17 million units in the last fiscal year (ending March 2005) alone. Shipment of 90 million units within 5 years and 3 months since launch is more than 2 years and 3 months faster in penetration speed, compared to the original PlayStation, which has sold more than 100 million units in total. [emphasis: PS3Focus.com]

That article is from June 3, 2005.  So, PS2 is VERY close to 100 million, if not having surpassed it.
Link

Xbox is somewhere around 25 million.. I can't find a source, but it is.

Please, there is no need to be childish in our arguments, guys.

InfernO8

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 04:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Apr 17 2006, 07:21 PM) View Post

Xbox is somewhere around 25 million.. I can't find a source, but it is.

Are you sure because I thought it was way higher than that. I can't find it either so I'll take your word for it. smile.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 06:24:00 PM »

sony counts all units, that includes the tens of Millions that were brought back by customers and resold. MS and Nintendo do Not practice this. At the Halo 2 launch, I was one of the first people in line at Eb and the manager and I had a good talk. Hes not anti Sony so dont even go there...

In November of '04 when the game launched, there were something like 85 million ps2s in circulation. The real # was around 70 million, the other 15 million or so were ps2s that broke and resold. Ask any reputable EB/Gamestop manager(assuming they arent semi retarded like their employees), and they will tell you its true, if they arent scared of backlash anyways.

And yes, Xbox is around 25/26 million sold. Not bad considering it doesnt sell anything in japan.

I guess to be fair, even if MS and Nintendo did do that, their #'s wouldnt be higher seeing as the failure rate of their systems is nowhere near as high as the ps2  laugh.gif maybe they figure "why bother, faking the #'s wont help us"

InfernO8

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Apr 25 2006, 08:31 PM) View Post

I guess to be fair, even if MS and Nintendo did do that, their #'s wouldnt be higher seeing as the failure rate of their systems is nowhere near as high as the ps2  laugh.gif maybe they figure "why bother, faking the #'s wont help us"

laugh.gif This is true.

luda06

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »

What's the point of having other console forms for a website made for one specific console?  blink.gif
Pages: [1] 2