xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Audio Issues... Anyone Still Read Or Post In Ps3 Section Here?  (Read 839 times)

murauder

• Archived User
Audio Issues... Anyone Still Read Or Post In Ps3 Section Here?
« on: February 27, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »

ok so i recently updated to an HDTV (Vizio VM230XVT). hooked up my ps3 through HDMI to the tv. ran and everything went A ok. well a little while ago the audio started crackling sometimes during dvd/movie playback and gameplay (COD: W@W especially). sometimes even going all the way out but, video is still brilliant. a google search pulled up a lot threads/forums of people having audio issues through HDMI.  i have tried going through the audio config and manually setting it up with only the 2 default selections checked (the 2 channel ones). everything is set to linear pcm. tried turning the system volume down, and messed with all the settings for audio, etc. even read where using only a 2 prong (rather than 3 prong/grounded) ac power would help. tried it, and no dice.

everyone else seems to have been able to solve it by changing settings or using the 2 prong method. not me.
its not the HDMI port (on the tv), or cable. ive tested them for countless hours with my satellite box.
never seems to do it at first, only after a while of playing (7 or 8 rounds into nazi zombies).

weird thing is during nazi zombies it will crackle an go all the way out sometimes, then after a while come back and be fine for a bit. but when playing back say, an avi video file, it wont go all the way out, just start crackling (and kind of echoing) and not stop until i either turn off the tv, or unplug the hdmi cable and plug it back in (from either end, it doesnt matter).

seems like this has been going on for a long time (since system update 2.4 for some people).
im surprised sony hasnt addressed this in their later updates.

any advice? has anyone else had this problem at all?

many thanks

murauder

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »

not that anyone is paying attention to this post but another thing i just discovered is that it doesnt seem to do it on DLC. i decided to try out battlefield 1943 and it didnt happen the whole hour or so i played it. i was wondering if it could be the blue ray laser causing the audio to mess up?

idk... im stumped

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 06:10:00 PM »

That could be the problem. Is there a way to try a  lower resolution on your TV and see if that helps. The PS3 might be trying so hard to get the good graphics off the disk that the audio is getting pushed aside for it.

murauder

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 10:01:00 PM »

well its a 1080p tv but i have the ps3 set to auto pick the best settings for the game. i mean, with all the resolutions checked. on COD: W@W it outputs in 1080p. in skate 2, and borderlands it outputs in 720p (then i use the tv to upscale)
also tried all different audio options in ps3.

but if it were a dirty blu ray lens wouldnt the video mess up and freeze too?

edit: it also did it in AVI playback saved to usb and to the ps3 hard drive

This post has been edited by murauder: Yesterday, 06:01 AM

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 11:29:00 PM »

I was just saying that maybe so much data was being sent for the video that the audio was getting limited. Is it possible to try that hdmi cable on a another PS3? I know you said that it worked for the satellite but whats good for one might not be good enough for another

murauder

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 03:07:00 PM »

might be possible if my friend ever gets away from "the ol ball n chain" for a bit.
umm.. on another note, i played an hour or so of borderlands (great game btw) yesterday and the sound never messed up at all....
im stumped