xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1080p Over Component  (Read 219 times)

Colin_S

• Archived User
1080p Over Component
« on: May 31, 2007, 04:54:00 AM »

It states in the quick reference that 1080P is supported using a component cable.  Is this the case?

Also a box available for the PS3 that allows you to use any component cable like you can with the HD Kit for the original xbox?

Thanks

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
1080p Over Component
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »

yes 1080p is available over component but AFAIK there aren't very many TVs that will accept 1080p over component.

And no I don't think there are any "breakout box"es available for the PS3, though if you've got a large drill and a soldering iron you could build your own easily enough.

This post has been edited by twistedsymphony: Jun 1 2007, 07:29 PM

mlmadmax

• Archived User
1080p Over Component
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 03:12:00 PM »

There is no breakout box for component cables on the PS3, you can however use ps2 component cables or get the PS3 ones but they are more expensive.

I used component for a little while with my PS3 and it's component out just isn't very good, i would stick with HDMI if possible.

Colin_S

• Archived User
1080p Over Component
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 06:14:00 AM »

My amp does component switching which is why i want component.

I have an issue with the hdmi i am using at the moment, when i turn the PS3 off it turns my Pioneer Plasma off however the standby light flashes and and i can't turn it back on with turn the power right off and back on.

ockingshay

• Archived User
1080p Over Component
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Colin_S @ Jun 2 2007, 01:14 PM) View Post

I have an issue with the hdmi i am using at the moment, when i turn the PS3 off it turns my Pioneer Plasma off however the standby light flashes and and i can't turn it back on with turn the power right off and back on.

that is certainly a feature on my tv for hdmi connected equipment. i am also able to turn the feature off, so i can only presume/hope the pioneer does it too.

personally i would try to get hdmi working properly, rather than resorting to component.

good luck

freesafety13

• Archived User
1080p Over Component
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Colin_S @ Jun 2 2007, 01:14 PM) View Post

My amp does component switching which is why i want component.

from what i understand of the pioneer plasma's, your tv is not turnung off, it is going into standby to prevent burn-in since it is not receiving a video source.  to test this, turn off the ps3, wait for tv to go into standby, then turn ps3 back on.