xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The "next Generation" Starts Here?  (Read 361 times)

silentbob343

• Archived User
The "next Generation" Starts Here?
« on: November 11, 2006, 08:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(xzenor @ Nov 11 2006, 11:33 PM) View Post

http://media.ps3.ign...mg_4059406.html Where the heck are the "High Definition" cables???  blink.gif

While the PS3 is just now getting to market there has been a good number of threads in this section and this was covered.

Go here:
http://www.monoprice.../home/index.asp

Buy a decent set of cables and not get ass raped in a retail store.

xzenor

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 09:32:00 PM »

I shouldn't have to buy them, that thing is like $600!! It should come with an HDTV.

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 10:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(xzenor @ Nov 12 2006, 12:39 AM) View Post

I shouldn't have to buy them, that thing is like $600!! It should come with an HDTV.

Again, all of this was covered in prior threads.  You last comment tells me that you think the PS3 is over priced; which leads me to believe you have no plans of owning one, or at least any time soon, and that your sole purpose was to stir up controversy.

Sony has made a lot of stupid mistakes and most have been covered ad nauseum in this section.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 03:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(xzenor @ Nov 12 2006, 05:39 AM) View Post

LMAO pop.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(xzenor @ Nov 12 2006, 12:39 AM) View Post

jester.gif

dvsone

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »

I hate buying products that don't include proper cables. Hopefully most retailers will tell their customers when they are purchasing. But HD cables are really that expensive in retail stores, online is the place to sho[. I bet you there's people in Japan with it hooked up with the composite cables saying "Wow look HD, coool".  laugh.gif Hopefully they'll read the manual and work it out.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

I am going to get a ps3 and I have to say I am pretty pissed that Sony has the nerve to ship there next gen console, 1080p, blue ray playing beast without at least a set of component cables. How much extra would it have cost Sony to include that instead of composite, one one-hundredth of a penny?

And all it is going to do is hurt Sony, most people don't know that you need a certain cable to enable higher resolution on a HDTV. These people are going to hook it up out of the box and are going to think this looks like crap, why did it look so much better in the store.

VERY LAME

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(jaygould30 @ Nov 12 2006, 12:37 PM) View Post

Although kind of mean, I have to agree with you. I have many japanese friends from college and although they are some of the smartest people I know, when it comes to gaming they are completely narrow minded. They would say dog shit looked like a diamond if it came from the right company.

Agreed 110%

xzenor

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »

Well I don't intend on buying one........your right. That thing is way to expensive. I'll wait until the price drops under $300. Then maybe, just maybe I'll get one. I just think its funny how $ony hypes it up to be the beginning of next generation when you have to buy extra stuff to enable it to be. Atleast M$'s premium came with "next generation" cables.

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 04:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(xzenor @ Nov 12 2006, 03:51 PM) View Post

Well I don't intend on buying one........your right. That thing is way to expensive. I'll wait until the price drops under $300. Then maybe, just maybe I'll get one. I just think its funny how $ony hypes it up to be the beginning of next generation when you have to buy extra stuff to enable it to be. Atleast M$'s premium came with "next generation" cables.

Also of note, PS2 component cables work on the PS3.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 01:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 12 2006, 04:10 PM) View Post

Also of note, PS2 component cables work on the PS3.

Yes because so many of use have ps2 component cables so we can enjoy our 95+% of ps2 games in 480i!  Damn!, 480i looks so good on my HDTV. laugh.gif

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 04:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Nov 13 2006, 04:46 AM) View Post

Yes because so many of use have ps2 component cables so we can enjoy our 95+% of ps2 games in 480i!  Damn!, 480i looks so good on my HDTV. laugh.gif

I have component PS2 cables, my brother does, and my best friend, the 360 owner, does as well.  If you have or had an HDTV and weren't hurting for inputs then chances are you would hook up the PS2 the best way possible.

Funny that you mention the lack of 480P on most PS2 titles and yet the system that did utilize 480P, Nintendo GC, produced very limited amounts of component cables for their system.  My friend was looking for a set on Ebay and said they go for stupid amounts due to their relative rarity.  I've never looked myself, no GC.

thepissedoffman

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(j666* @ Nov 13 2006, 10:08 AM) View Post

u saying that  some gamecube games support  480p?  i know there are gamecube component cables and they r ridicoulsly expensive

90% of Cube games support 480p.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

Actually about two years ago or so the nintendo stopped producing gamecubes with the option to hook up component cables. Up until that point you could go to the nintendo website and buy component cables for the gamecube for 30 bucks. After the hardware stopped supporting the component cables the price of the cables went up.

The PS3 should still have component cables included in the box. It is stupid that they didn't do this. A HDMI cable would cost to much than fine put in the cheapy component cables that would have cost next to nothing. It is a mistake and a let down and I am still bewildered by it.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(mlmadmax @ Nov 13 2006, 04:56 PM) View Post

Actually about two years ago or so the nintendo stopped producing gamecubes with the option to hook up component cables. Up until that point you could go to the nintendo website and buy component cables for the gamecube for 30 bucks. After the hardware stopped supporting the component cables the price of the cables went up.

The PS3 should still have component cables included in the box. It is stupid that they didn't do this. A HDMI cable would cost to much than fine put in the cheapy component cables that would have cost next to nothing. It is a mistake and a let down and I am still bewildered by it.

Yea I have one of those gamecubes and it pisses me of. Why is it whenever nintendo cuts costs, we have to pay for it!?

Im not saying other companies dont do it but nintendo does it on a whole new level!
Pages: [1] 2