xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Dvd Playback : Pal On A Ntsc Console  (Read 781 times)

havok1977

• Archived User
Ps3 Dvd Playback : Pal On A Ntsc Console
« on: May 13, 2011, 04:43:00 PM »

This particular forum feels quite dead, but I figured I'd post my question anyhow:

Is there any kind of workaround or fix to make a NTSC PS3 play PAL DVDs?

Even the Xbox 1 did it with DVDX, so I'm wondering if anyone has made any progress with it...

Hope anyone can help

Khaine

• Archived User
Ps3 Dvd Playback : Pal On A Ntsc Console
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(havok1977 @ May 13 2011, 11:43 PM) View Post

This particular forum feels quite dead, but I figured I'd post my question anyhow:

Is there any kind of workaround or fix to make a NTSC PS3 play PAL DVDs?

Even the Xbox 1 did it with DVDX, so I'm wondering if anyone has made any progress with it...

Hope anyone can help

If you've got a PS3 that's jailbroken or running a CFW, then you can rip the DVD's direct to your HDD and play them. I believe there is a program called DVD Enabler that will do this. MultiMAN might also be able to do it... I know it rips Blu-Ray movies.

If you're feeling brave, you can also poke xregistry.sys and search for the following line:

/setting/bddvd/dvdRegionCode

Just change it to the region code of your DVD... so you'll likely want 2 for Europe/PAL. You can also change the Blu-Ray region with this line:

/setting/bddvd/bdRegionCode

For that, 1 is USA and 2 is Europe.

If your PS3 isn't jailbroken, then I'm afraid I don't know of any way to do it... I just used to rip all my DVD's to DivX and put them on an external HDD for the PS3 to read (USA console and living in the UK here).