xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Netflix Stream Arrived Today  (Read 886 times)

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Netflix Stream Arrived Today
« on: November 06, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »

Just giving a heads up that i got my netflix streaming disc today, ill give it a shot here in a bit.  Make sure you go to netflix website and order one (free!) if you have a netflix account.  Can;t believe how fast it showed up =)

marcmdm2005

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 12:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Nov 6 2009, 02:42 PM) *

Just giving a heads up that i got my netflix streaming disc today, ill give it a shot here in a bit.  Make sure you go to netflix website and order one (free!) if you have a netflix account.  Can;t believe how fast it showed up =)

got mine today too,
took a good minute to load the disc
but could not get netflix to work

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »

havnt seen you in a while man, have you on my myspace.  the only bunny suit better that yours is the one in donnie darko! guess ill fire up the ps3 and see if it works - now that youve got me intrigued with it NOT working.... damnit!

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 08:15:00 AM »

Works just fine here!

Although the 360 version just seems to navigate better, faster load times while browsing movie covers and date/ and just a general ummm... polish? candy coating?

as far as playback goes, works like a champ.  the disc/movies runs in 720 if you are watching an HD movie. on the one i tested anyway (hank and mike)  oddly... pink bunnies haha.

not that it increases the video quality but i seem to recall the 360 staying in 1080p no matter how shitty the stream was, not actually dropping the res from the console.  anywho, ill investigate more later...  =)

marcmdm2005

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Nov 7 2009, 09:15 AM) *

Works just fine here!

Although the 360 version just seems to navigate better, faster load times while browsing movie covers and date/ and just a general ummm... polish? candy coating?

as far as playback goes, works like a champ.  the disc/movies runs in 720 if you are watching an HD movie. on the one i tested anyway (hank and mike)  oddly... pink bunnies haha.

not that it increases the video quality but i seem to recall the 360 staying in 1080p no matter how shitty the stream was, not actually dropping the res from the console.  anywho, ill investigate more later...  =)

I have always had issues with the 360 NetFlix. But I always have had issues with my NetFlix account.

And my MySpace got deleted by lovely MySpace.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

medievil

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 03:31:00 AM »

got mine the other day as well...
 The interface is kinda butt ugly.. but over all I think the video quality is a bit better than on 360

melongstrike

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 04:34:00 PM »

I too was not only glad to hear that PS3 would be receiving Netflix but ecstatic when I requested my disc and it arrived 2 days later.

My issue is my streaming films look like trash. Think the output is 480. Am I missing an option? My tv is 1080p 120hz and I get the worst quality possible. Maybe God doesn't love me or maybe I am overlooking something.

Anyone can help, I will even take suggestions if no fixes are known /available.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 03:31:00 AM »

most movies are 480

if you go to instant there should be a pull down menu, one should be HD, only a few are actually hd, maybe like 20 pages?

melongstrike

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 03:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Nov 13 2009, 11:31 AM) View Post

most movies are 480

if you go to instant there should be a pull down menu, one should be HD, only a few are actually hd, maybe like 20 pages?

*Drops everything to check this suggestion out*

Thanks ham smile.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »

If you are looking for a decent flick on there, in HD, i recommend "The Fall" and "Let the Right One In"

melongstrike

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 05:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Nov 15 2009, 03:12 AM) View Post

If you are looking for a decent flick on there, in HD, i recommend "The Fall" and "Let the Right One In"

The fall my wife and I loved, let the right one in is going to have to be a re-do. The movie was really slow and I was getting antsy and cut it off.

Speaking of movies check out Grace.

With the HD on netflix via ps3 did not find a tab to click. I do however see the little hd on the bottom of the movies so for me that is good enough. Watched Host on flix looked decent. no bluray but the quality will do. wink.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 12:48:00 AM »

You have to que the movie up from your PC, log in to your netflix account the click watched instantly tab, there is a genre pull down menu, one of those is HD.