xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Connect Webcam And Stream?  (Read 855 times)

tsantsa

• Archived User
Connect Webcam And Stream?
« on: May 14, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »

I want to connect a webcam to my ps3 (have the eyetoy and a logitech one) for security reasons.  I have a babysitter coming and it's the first time I've let anyone watch my kids for longer than a couple hours.  I can get it connected and get a pic on my tv, but I want to know if I can stream the feed to my pc...is this possible without loading linux on it?

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »

Not that I know of; at least not with a program. The best I can think of is capturing the video through a video-out. Or you could try initiating a video chat and have someone else with a PS3 watch it. Reverse engineering the network data sent during video chat seems like way too much work.

The main problem I see with your plan is that it is obvious when the PS3 is on since you can hear the fans. Also, you'd probably want to obscure the LED on the EyeToy.

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »

Oh yea, I can't believe I forgot EyeCreate. It stores video on the PS3 itself since it is an XMB application, and can be found on the PlayStation Store if you don't already have it. It has a 5GB limit for everything though, which if my calculations/testing are correct is almost 2 hours of video. That would be the easiest solution that is enough time for you.

This post has been edited by Kamasutra318: May 24 2009, 03:11 AM

tsantsa

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »

I will check that out. THanks.

postal worker

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »

i know this is a old thread and probably shouldn't be bump but just for reference in the event someone else may be interested in doing something like this.

http://www.google.co...lient=firefox-a

whyexactly

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 01:21:00 AM »

couldn't you use a PSP to remotely access the PS3, and boot up the Eyetoy application, then view it on the PSP? as said before you'll probably wait to cover the eyetoy LED and maybe the PS3 ones, as well as have the PS3 unplugged from the TV.