xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Transfer More Than 4gb From Ext Drive  (Read 811 times)

champ91

• Archived User
Transfer More Than 4gb From Ext Drive
« on: February 16, 2009, 09:30:00 AM »

I am trying to transfer some HD movies from an external drive into my PS3. I know about the FAT32 limitations to 4GB. I know about network streaming and Tversity, but it's not possible due to the location of the PS3 and TV. I was doing some digging online and I saw that some people were able to get an 8GB memory stick pro duo to be recognized. I was under the impression that MSPD was like any other flash memory card (ie: FAT32 or NTFS format) except for the shape. Or does it have it's own unique sony format?

If there is such a thing? Can a usb flash drive be converted into that format?

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 10:16:00 PM »

The PS3 will only recognize FAT32 right now. Recognizing an 8GB stick is not an issue; you just cannot have a file larger than 4GB on it. There are ways to play large movies aside from streaming -- you could split the file into multiple parts or you could download it through the PS3's web browser from a local HTTP server.

BIMPtacular

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 12:47:00 AM »

how would you go about setting up an http server?......would that be like browsing your pc files through the browser....can you just download them once you locate them?

BIMPtacular

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »

nevermind, i am using tversity instead.......and i sent over a 4.8gb file, so i know it works