xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sony Has No Plans for Netflix on PS3  (Read 823 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Sony Has No Plans for Netflix on PS3
« on: December 10, 2008, 10:37:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 11-12-2008 0:01 EST

From 1up.com:

Sony's hardware marketing director John Koller has confirmed that the company has no plans to offer Netflix functionality on the PS3, in an interview with GamePro. Asked about the Netflix integration on the Xbox 360 and if Sony had any plans to match it, Koller said, "we've concentrated most of our efforts on our download service, both rentals and downloads of movies and TV shows. Our efforts will continue to be there, because our customers want to own the content."

Full Story: 1up.com

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 07:57:00 AM »

I've used a program called PlayOn that is able to stream Netflix fine, so having it integrated isn't something I consider a priority. I don't think what the guy says about their customers is true, though.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 10:30:00 AM »

Ponders that their is no video store in the UK yet.

Really I have not been happy with the 360 Video store yet, no way am I renting stuff when I can get cheap HD-DVD's and Blu-Rays to. I was happy when USA got TV Shows, but it seems they don't exist in MS UK, it sucks cause you can own them when you buy them. I wouldn't mind a load of family guy on my 120GB HDD for my Elite.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »

Myself ..I prefer to have a BR disc in my collection. Streaming doesn't interest me as the Tiscali+ box I have pixelates and breaks up whilst watching VOD.
If the broadband service here was better then I may think differently. But basically the TV boxes have a vast choice of movies here so I don't need any extra at the moment. Plus I have just invested in  a Freesat HDR  as well.

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 08:40:00 PM »

What he really meant to confirm was Sony has too much stake into BR (or BD if you prefer) and they're not trying to add to what is taking away from sales of physical discs.