xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Why Sony sells music videos on Xbox 360, not PS3  (Read 663 times)

spinr34

• Archived User
Why Sony sells music videos on Xbox 360, not PS3
« on: November 04, 2008, 03:30:00 AM »

when i saw this article on ps3fanboy the other day i thought it was stupid and after reading it again, i still think it's stupid. i was going to comment on it at ps3fanboy but i knew anything i'd write would get thrown in with all the crap comments that go on there. anyways, i'd be glad to debate it here if anyone wants to smile.gif

Naquadah

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 05:38:00 AM »

Sony not making stupid decisions? are we ready for a world like that?

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 06:30:00 AM »

Let me give you the real answer to that question.

It was all about money. Microsoft paid for it, making it more profitable than if it was just Sony doing it. The End.

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 09:20:00 PM »

I never said they paid for exclusivity. I said they simply paid. That by itself means its worth it to let them sell the videos on their site. PS3 on the other hand they would have to invest for people to program and then prepare the videos. All of which is much harder than having someone else pay you for the rights and then you just turn over the media to them.

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 07:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kamasutra318 @ Nov 12 2008, 11:46 AM) View Post
PS3 already has a video store that does what would be needed. Adding another section/category would be programmatically trivial, and the process of getting, preparing, adding, etc. videos should be the same.
I'm sure there is more to it than we both know. What I was attempting to say is without the additional funds, perhaps they determined it wasn't financially viable to do. Maybe there are legal fees, or royalties or something else that needs to be paid in order to do it.