xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Vs Xb60 Vs Wii  (Read 131 times)

sunker

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xb60 Vs Wii
« on: July 20, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

PS3,XB360,Wii?

wich one would win?

i pick wii because there actually trying something new rather than holding a 2 thumbstick controller.
cant wait to play Red Steel!

alsybub

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xb60 Vs Wii
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »

I would actually remove Wii from that.

Nintendo have generally been doing thier own thing since N64 and unlike M$ and Sony they turn a profit.

So who's the winner?

Oh, and I think 360 will win because the majority of mainstream, un-informed gamers aren't willing to part with that kinda money.

dohopoki

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xb60 Vs Wii
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »

Depends on what you mean by win. Most money, biggest market, most greatest increase in either of those...

Nintendo sells for a profit, ignoring playstation 3 and 360 Nintendo will make their money. Considering the low development cost they're trying to sell I don't think third party support will be as dry this time around. You're not going to see a bunch of Wii ports of games that are on other systems, you're going to see unique games. Even the Madden series will be different and I don't think EA would even bother with nintendo this time around if it weren't for the fact that their Wii division is probably very affordable.

Xbox, lost a lot of money. But people know the brand now. I believe MS when they say they have a plan to succeed in the console business even if they have to roll with a few billion punches along the way. If any company can do that, it's MS. I think they will increase their market share and will bring on the Xbox 720 which is the plan. I think they'll give up on Japan if they can't convince them 360 is a good product in a year.

Playstation 2 sold ungodly well. I think it will continue to sell ungodly well for a few more years too. Sony's game division gives a lot of people confidence and for that I do believe the Playstation 3 will sell. Whether or not it's the greatest thing in the world or can only cook eggs in it's final form. But with all of the negative going for Ps3 right this second and the flat out fact that the Ps3 is everything the playstation 2 wasn't, I don't think they'll get any where near the gap of success versuses its competitors. They might not even take first. I don't think blu-ray will succeed over Hd-dvd and I'm not sure how badly that will hurt sony. Sony could've made this really easy for themselves but they took the hardest route and because of this they will be the ones giving the Xbox brand it's increase in market share. Relative success but not Ps2 success. PS4 may be in trouble.

The winner? The consumer because competition and variety is good.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xb60 Vs Wii
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 07:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(dohopoki @ Jul 20 2006, 05:29 PM) View Post

The winner? The consumer because competition and variety is good.

beerchug.gif

incognegro

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xb60 Vs Wii
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 08:54:00 AM »

If ur talking about market share then MS will win but Nintendo will be real close, and sony too.

blame canada

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xb60 Vs Wii
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »

its looking more like Wii vs 360 IMO, and the winner is the Wii, but not by much <- My prediction

Reaper527

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xb60 Vs Wii
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 08:08:00 PM »

well, i think people buying a 360 and a wii will put those two systems sales pretty close. ultimately i think it will come down to wether more people are interested in Xbox Live or the innovative controller/gaming style from the wii.

i think the sony screwed up this gen with their high price and heavy dependence on blueray. they had 0 luck with betamax, and the UMD is in the process of dieing/already dead, blueray isn't being made by a company thats known for success with this kind of thing. i'm not sure if even the sony zombies can save them this time.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xb60 Vs Wii
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

In my personal opinion, the Wii, PS3, and 360 are in different categories as far as videogame consoles.

The Wii is a very simple, and casual videogame console that would be great for the entire family. Games like Wii sports and super smash bros will appeal more to the casual gamer because of its simple game structure.

The Xbox 360 is a much more advanced (as far as power) console that will appear to more hardcore gamers that love to play online with their friends. Many games like ninety nine nights, too human, and gears of war will feature co-op and/or deathmatch that will satisfy many gamers wants.

The PS3.....uh.....it sucks?....oh i know, it will have linux....no wait..linux is terrible....

well, at least the 360 and Wii are gonna do well beerchug.gif

dohopoki

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xb60 Vs Wii
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(calderra @ Jul 25 2006, 04:57 AM) View Post

Not really. Most people don't know that the Xbox division actually turned a profit right around the time of Halo 2's launch.

Perhaps I should've said cost MS a lot of money then.

Also, very intentionally on MS's part, even though the Xbox tended toward loss for most of its life, the overall Entertainment division usually did very well, and largely absorbed the Xbox's losses. Plus, Xbox was an investment by MS designed to nudge Sony to the side and let MS into your home entertainment center (the true goal of the whole Xbox project), so even if the whole project had stayed in the red, it's still really a "calculated investment". MS didn't really even expect to push past Nintendo with their first effort.

But I thought my post was clear in that I understood their market strategy in less words.

And yes, Wii is a different kind of console. It's competing for new markets- 360 and PS3 could keep their audiences completely, even if Wii outsells them, because the "hardcore" consoel crowd will basically own two consoles- Wii for casual quirky gaming, and 360/PS3 for "real" gaming.

It's my honest prediction that Wii will have more "real" games from 3rd party than people are expecting right now, some hits that could be compared to say Goldeneye, Perfect dark and the THQ wrestlers in it's day only more so. Who doesn't have at least a dozen stories about playing 1 or more of those games with friends into 7 am sunday morning? You didn't really have that with the Cube but I think Wii could.

And yes, competition is good. But this isn't much of a competition.

We'll see.