xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: SCEA announces pricing for PSone games on PSP  (Read 431 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
SCEA announces pricing for PSone games on PSP
« on: November 23, 2006, 01:14:00 AM »

Posted by XanTium | 23-11-2006 2:38 EST

From gamesindustry.biz:

Sony Computer Entertainment America has announced the price range for the original PlayStation titles being made available for PSP.

The first batch of original PlayStation games will go on sale for between US $5.99 and US $10.99. Weighing in at between 140MB and 550MB, they must be downloaded to a PS3 hard drive and can then be transferred to Memory Stick Duo.

The first titles will be available through the PlayStation Store "in the coming weeks", according to an official statement, and "additional first and third party games will be added on an ongoing basis".

SCEA has yet to confirm which games will hit the store first. However, ten games - including Resident Evil: Director's Cut, Tekken 2 and Arc the Lad - are due to go on sale through Sony Japan's online store today.

Read More: gamesindustry.biz

xboxSlayer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

So....if you can copy the game to a memory stick, what's to stop people from copying the game to thier computers and letting people download it for free? I did a little reading and couldn't find anything on the Security on this. BTW, I think that playing PS1 on the PSP is pretty awsome, I'd almost rather play those than PSP games, lol. 6 to 11 bucks ain't bad I guess, I wouldn't mind paying for a couple games.

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 10:50:00 PM »

I love the prices. Hopefully this also applies some pressure on Nintendo to lower the rediculous prices on Virtual Console games!