xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: SCEE announces MGO beta will be open in Europe  (Read 832 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
SCEE announces MGO beta will be open in Europe
« on: April 11, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 11-4-2008 23:47 EST

From ps3fanboy.com:

SCEE has confirmed that the PSN Store redesign will be going live on April 15th. It has also been revealed that the European Store won't get updated until Thursday the 17th, but it should be worth the wait. A list of upcoming content was included in the press release, including the European Metal Gear Online beta.

Konami has confirmed that the beta will be completely open and will last between April 21st and May 6th. After May 6th the beta client will be removed from the PSN Store.

Full Story: ps3fanboy.com

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 01:15:00 AM »

Sweeeet can't wait to try the MGO Beta I really want the game, twisted you might be interested in the SE/LE releases of this game.

http://blog.us.plays...tails-revealed/

mercury187

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »

When I read that it sounds like its saying Europe will get an open beta of Metal Gear online? Im in the USA and we have to get beta keys by pre-ordering, why does europe get an open beta and we get a closed?

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(mercury187 @ Apr 14 2008, 06:21 PM) View Post

When I read that it sounds like its saying Europe will get an open beta of Metal Gear online? Im in the USA and we have to get beta keys by pre-ordering, why does europe get an open beta and we get a closed?

Konami said the beta would be open to everyone who pre-ordered. It could be that they misworded the article and EU players will have to pre-order as well. If not, even better. Be European for a while and get your beta on. Everyone on my friends list (all 4 of 'em) have it pre-ordered.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(mercury187 @ Apr 14 2008, 06:21 PM) View Post

because you get everything else when we don't laugh.gif

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 12:43:00 PM »

Played the MGO beta last night; seemed very lacking. Probably to do with the fact that it was a medium sized map with lots of players and deathmatch mode (remember, MGS isn't a RTS).

In short, the same concept works better in Vampire Rain's multiplayer mode (though VR isn't a beta).