xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: NA PlayStation Store Gets PS3-Playable PS1 Titles  (Read 980 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
NA PlayStation Store Gets PS3-Playable PS1 Titles
« on: May 03, 2007, 02:05:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 3-5-2007 15:29 EST

From gamasutra.com:

Sony Computer Entertainment America has announced updates to its PlayStation Store, including the debut of PS3 playable downloadable PS1 titles.

The update marks the first time downloadable PlayStation titles will be fully playable on both the PS3 and PSP, with game-save sharing options to continue the same game both at home and on the go.

The first titles available, at $5.99 a piece, will be 2Xtreme, Crash Bandicoot, Destruction Derby, Jet Moto, Jumping Flash, MediEvil, Rally Cross, Syphon Filter, Tekken 2 and WipeOut. Players who originally bought any of the titles for their PSP can re-downloaded the updated versions at no extra charge.

Full Story: gamasutra.com

lawlessSaturn

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »

sounds cool even yho i dont have a ps3 or psp laugh.gif

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »

Sounds Cool!! mad.gif

I pay 600.00 plus bucks for a PS3 and instead of a steady stream of great games I get to play some old ass (although some are good) PS1 games on my 1080p tv and my state of the art gaming machine.

sounds cool!! SOUNDS COOL!!! NO IT AINT grr.gif

Ok it is kind of cool and i am calm now, I just wish i could play some PS3 games on my PS3 instead of this shite.

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »

bah!

WHY would I want to pay for games I already have in order to play them on the PS3/PSP?

Thanks to Dark_Alex's custom firmware for the PSP and popstation, I don't have to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

eat it Sony. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)

Swahili

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 01:24:00 AM »

mlmadmax why the hell did you buy a ps3 for?

And Shouldn't resistence, motorstorm, virtua tennis and virtua fighter and oblivion be enough games for you.
New systems never get enough games the first year. Just look at the wii, its a desert, so was the 360 nothing even remotely good came out until oblivion landed in march.
You should be thanksful that atleast you can get some use at all from the ps3 with some demos psn titles and now playable ps1 titles.

Oh and you are aware that the 360 hasn't gotten a good title in 2 months (not counting gh2) and won't get any more titles then the ps3 will in the coming months. Spring just plainly sucks for gaming as a whole. My 360 just sits their waiting for Blue dragon to get released, and there is nothing but gh2 to hold me over until then.

Epsilon I hope then that you don't fall for the lure of playing titles you don't already own then.

eat it developers

This post has been edited by Swahili: May 4 2007, 08:26 AM

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »

What and who the hell are you making excuses for?

Resistance was good, motorstorm sucked as well as virtuafighter in my opinion and every other game that has come out for the SP3 i have been playing on my 360 for six months to a year. The wii will always be a desert since the only games i find worth while are wii sport and wii play.

There has never been a gaming drought like this in the history of gaming so quit lying to yourself. When the 360 game out on launch day there was condemed cod2 kameo perfect dark and several other games that where worth playing. Like I stated above the PS3 has resistance and resistance.

I was also joking around in my first post. If you didn't pick up what i was putting down all of this (foldin ps1 games) is ok but I want some great titles now.

And it is not the developers fault it is sonys for losing all there exlusive due to delays of putting that stupid blu-ray player in thier macines.

Oh and i baught a ps3 to play some games on asshat

This post has been edited by mlmadmax: May 4 2007, 04:22 PM

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 11:41:00 AM »

I agree that we're in one of the worst gaming droughts the industry has ever seen (IMO, the whole 7th gen has been rubbish so far)

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 11:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ May 4 2007, 12:41 PM) View Post

I agree that we're in one of the worst gaming droughts the industry has ever seen (IMO, the whole 7th gen has been rubbish so far)

Wow... you guys are being a bit dramatic.  You really think we're in some colossal drought?  This seems pretty normal for this time of year.  And the whole 7th gen has been rubbish?  Maybe the Wii and PS3, but the 360 has been pretty damn good.

jessbasl

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »

Hey, maybe people want rushed games and whatnot. I think it's funny also, everyone complains about no games, then when they get them, they complain they're rushed and not worth it. Just be patient. Although I must say that if I was waiting for games in the ps3 camp, i'd hold on to my modded xbox, xsnes can give me for fun than anything in the ps3's library

jonnynapalm

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »

when will these games hit the uk

derf

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »

I agree that the release of games for the latest incarnation of consoles has been slow even the 360, but I disagree when you say all the launch games are rubbish. I’ve had nearly every new console for the past 15 years, and the release of the latest consoles has been no different, with maybe the exception of the Wii.  Resistance and Motor Storm are great games and Ridge Racer 7 is not all bad.

Derf

perfectdark

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 06:42:00 AM »

I totally agree with one of the posters above.
I bought the xbox360 on launch day and the only good game was Call Of Duty 2 (Perfect Dark was average) no other good games, all the rest were ports from previous gen (King Kong, NHL2K6 etc..) Not too mention online sucked because of flaws and lack of people. It wasn't until Mach when GRAW and OBLIVION came out, that there were any decent games and after that it was another LONG stretch. Now the 360 has a bunch of games, but the first year, well... I wish i had waited and not wasted my time in line for a Perfect Dark Zero and COD2

Anyway, my Xbox360 broken last week and I decided to try the PS3, and i have no real complaints yet, except the controller blows, whish i could do the PS360 controller mod. Anyway, Moto Storm is an awesome game and reminds me of the old Arcade days from High School..... Resistance is great but i'm new so whenever i go online, i die in liek 2.4 seconds. I don't even get enough time to move or turn around (hopefully as i getbetter it will get better, either that or there are too many players and 40 is just too much for the map space) I'm played Oblivion on xbox360 (and dont feel like starting over) but its an AWESOME game, I hated RPG games but Oblivion was my all time favorite Xbox360 game and over 200 hours of gameplay.
Not too mention GRAW2 and Rainbow Six Vegas (Rainboe six is an awesome game too) are coming to PS3 soon

I think, games wise, the PS3 is ok, it's just a year behind the xbox360 and people tend to look on the store shelves and say "WOW look at all the 360 games and only a few PS3 games" Well that's to be expected. But when I first bought my Xbox360 i was like "Wow, look at all the xbox games and hardly any of them are backwards compatible with my xbox360"  mad.gif
So it works both ways

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »

perfectdark, if you're having problems online try beating the campaign at the hardest difficulty you can play at, that should help.  Surround sound also works wonders for online wink.gif

I'm waiting for split fish's mouse controller for the PS3, that'll be fun to play with (if I haven't sold my PS3 by the time it finally is put on the market)