xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sony: 'We like to provide as many services as possible for free'  (Read 799 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User

Sony: 'We like to provide as many services as possible for free'
Posted by XanTium | 28-8-2008 21:47 EST

From gamesindustry.biz:

The president of Sony Worldwide Studios, Shuhei Yoshida, has told GamesIndustry.biz that the company is keen to provide as many services to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable users as possible - and is happy to look at business partnerships and new revenue models in order to do so.

Speaking in an interview at Games Convention in Leipzig, following the Sony press conference in which the free music video streaming from VidZone was announced, Yoshida-san explained that it wasn't possible for Sony to address every aspect of a user's needs itself.

"We're more open about approaching and bringing services in to PS3 and PSP," he explained. "We can't support all the needs of the consumer and there are great companies providing services on the PC already - so we're very open to provide the opportunity to those companies to reach our user base as well."

Full Story: gamesindustry.biz

wassco

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:37:00 AM »

'We like to provide as many services as possible for free'

Thats why i like my ps3 smile.gif for the free shit i payed the extra $200 for smile.gif

biggrin.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 12:29:00 PM »

When my 360 Gold runs out soon I'm seriously just considering buying online games for my PS3. Now trophy's are in place it makes it more worth it. And most games on the 360 come out on the PS3 as well.

In the almost year that I have used Gold I have hardly been on Live that much at all, I go on average every 3 days and only for an hour or to. I got my last Gold for like £30 on play.com but I just feel I can put that towards a game on my PS3.

Even none of my friends on Live hardly send game invites to me or anything really, makes me wonder if it's worth it and I don't like paying for something that on the service I constantly hear swearing and racial abuse it almost seems like a waste of money imho.