xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is Microsoft's ZuneX Really Their Portable Xbox Phone?  (Read 1659 times)

PincheAnimal

• Archived User
Is Microsoft's ZuneX Really Their Portable Xbox Phone?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 02:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(K1LLERHORNET @ May 19 2009, 10:41 AM) *

not gonna be released imo - there is probably a prototype like this, but thats about all.

also, is it me or do the specs look really sh*t?

1) horrible resolution - even for a portable imo
2) whats with the clock speed? 733mhz, yuk - make it 1GHz
3) this is the stupidest thing - Microsoft pairing up with nVidea again? i seriously doubt that.
4) 128mb of RAM - no way, thats just disgusting - surely it must cost more to make such a low capacity - atleast have 512mb imo.
5) 32GB Flash storage - can't really complain about that - hopefully there will be expandable memory - microSD please.
6) Bluetooth - Great plus
Sim Card slot - Doubtfull, but excellent if true.

what kills it is the OnLive support - now that just totally debunks the rumor.

The resolution isn't bad for a portable, PSP looks awesome and it's even lower than that. 733mhz is as fast as the original Xbox and Wii and this is dual-core mobile tech. I agree about the Nvidia thing.

And are you seriously suggesting that a portable should have as much memory as 360 and PS3? Sorry but even though this thing is very fake, the specs are already bloated as is. No way in Hell can Microsoft design something like this. Seriously if MS made something like what you suggested, it would literally explode in people's pockets and take out chunks of flesh.

I know a few people already told you the same thing, but you are that wrong that it needed to be said again.

TehBanStick

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »

Whenever REAL specs get released, I hope that the memory isn't a puny 32gb.
If it isn't above 80gb I have no reason to buy it because I couldn't fit my music on it. (I have an 80gb Zune now)

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 03:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(TehBanStick @ May 19 2009, 04:22 PM) View Post

Whenever REAL specs get released, I hope that the memory isn't a puny 32gb.
If it isn't above 80gb I have no reason to buy it because I couldn't fit my music on it. (I have an 80gb Zune now)

its flash memory, what do you expect? 32 gigs is the current standard size. not even ipods have more than 32 gigs of storage on their flash models.

if this wasn't fake, and it had an sd slot, that would give you 32 gigs onboard plus the ability to add 32 (or more) in removable storage

K1LLERHORNET

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 03:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(chronno @ May 19 2009, 07:52 PM) *

The PSP only has a resolution of 480x272.  The rest I could see, even the 733MHz and 128M RAM, but once we get to the OnLive support, it sounds fake to me as well (even the Gizmodo article thinks that).  On Live is advertising itself as a replacement for expensive hardware and consoles (ain't gonna happen).  I don't think Microsoft is going to pair with a competitor.

The PSP is 4 years old!
don't you think that if an entirely new PSP (successor), it would have a much higher resolution?
why wouldn't it - it wouldn't want to seem inferior to the previous version.

QUOTE(Meethatguy @ May 19 2009, 08:57 PM) *

You have NO idea what you are talking about.

First it says its a DUAl core 733mhz processor...
128mb of ram isnt enough for you?? PSP 1000 had 32mb, Slim and brite have 64mb.

YEs horrible resolution but still, you cant get much HD out of a 4in screen. Anything over 320x260 looks almost the same.... so this res would be perfectly fine.
MS and Nvidia did the first xbox... look where they got us... 10 years strong... they switched....... xboxs died...
I belive it to a point, but this may be a mock up... just like the "leaked" slim ps3

i do have some idea of what i am talking about.

so what if it is a dual core! doesn't make it incredibly awesome - if they used a 1GHz processor, i'm sure any potental devs would be thrilled with the extra power.
dual core is not the same as core2 - dont get confused.
dual core = crap
core2 = awesome

again, so what if the PSP has 32mb - its fricking 4 years old
by todays standards, thats just pathetic - especially if you wanted to make the next gen handheld.

MS & nVidea did the 1st XBOX - yes
it got them to where they are now - yes
made Microsoft a loss on every XBOX they sold - YES
switched to ATI - RRoD - can not be directly linked to ATI - its the design of the XBOX 360 thats to blame & manufacture quality to blame. not GPU design.

QUOTE(PincheAnimal @ May 19 2009, 09:21 PM) *

The resolution isn't bad for a portable, PSP looks awesome and it's even lower than that. 733mhz is as fast as the original Xbox and Wii and this is dual-core mobile tech. I agree about the Nvidia thing.

And are you seriously suggesting that a portable should have as much memory as 360 and PS3? Sorry but even though this thing is very fake, the specs are already bloated as is. No way in Hell can Microsoft design something like this. Seriously if MS made something like what you suggested, it would literally explode in people's pockets and take out chunks of flesh.

I know a few people already told you the same thing, but you are that wrong that it needed to be said again.

PSP does not look awesome! PC games look awesome
PSP games look ok at best.

maybe the 512mb of ram would be a bit much - but it should have at least 256mb.

# i'm having to fight on all fronts on a topic that is clearly fiction & doesn't have the slightest impact on my life - isn't the internet amazing XD

This post has been edited by K1LLERHORNET: May 19 2009, 10:07 PM

BlackWar

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »

I myself have a zune 4Gb and the size of the screen has some damn fine quality. Hell, I can even read the sub-titles with ease (I like to watch anime, naruto mainly). Besides, when you are talking about screens that are that small, it doesnt matter if its total res is 320x240 or 1024x768, when its that small you will not see the difference.

as for playing games on the zune, the quality of the games is rather high, and even 3D is possable on the zune itself (although it is still in beta).

The wifi of the zune itself works just fine for what it is ment for (shopping for music, playing multi-player games, sharing music and also as a portable wifi snoop (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )

Knowing this, the specs for this speculated "zune360" is actually rather impressive (although I will beleave it when I see it). People tend to forget about what the specs of the original xbox was, and that thing was impressive in itself.

Also, some people think that dual core is no big thing, well, if thats the case, then why have multi-core processors? Yea, 1Ghz proc would be faster in clock speed, but I would rather have a dual core 733mhz proc then a single core 1Ghz proc. why? because dual core can split the work load between the cores, meaning the proc. itself can take more of a work load and generate less heat (not to mention use less power) to do the same task as what a single core could, meaning that the end result is that the 733 dual core would be a better performer then the single core. If you want to confirm this yourself then go to any website that tracks benchmark scores (such as 3dmark) and see which proc performs better then which. Now, I dont know much about core2 procs TBH, but I do know that multi-core procs are the mainstream thus far, and for a reason.

This post has been edited by BlackWar: May 19 2009, 10:49 PM

tbb033

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »

While people have already debunked this one, I'm sure a real one will come along someday. And it better NOT be a phone. N-gage proved how lame that is.

darkshadow2k8

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 06:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(K1LLERHORNET @ May 19 2009, 01:41 PM) View Post

not gonna be released imo - there is probably a prototype like this, but thats about all.

3) this is the stupidest thing - Microsoft pairing up with nVidea again? i seriously doubt that.
4) 128mb of RAM - no way, thats just disgusting - surely it must cost more to make such a low capacity - atleast have 512mb imo.
5) 32GB Flash storage - can't really complain about that - hopefully there will be expandable memory - microSD please.

dude are u kidding me the psp specs are 233 or 266mhz 64mb ram no bluetooth support either the zune doubles the specs meaning it will be the best handheld yet heck i believe the original xbox only had 64mb ram and the handheld has a dualcore atom cpu and xbox had a single pentium 3

this zune is gonna be the best handheld

K1LLERHORNET

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 06:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(BlackWar @ May 19 2009, 10:41 PM) View Post
Also, some people think that dual core is no big thing, well, if thats the case, then why have multi-core processors? Yea, 1Ghz proc would be faster in clock speed, but I would rather have a dual core 733mhz proc then a single core 1Ghz proc. why? because dual core can split the work load between the cores, meaning the proc. itself can take more of a work load and generate less heat (not to mention use less power) to do the same task as what a single core could, meaning that the end result is that the 733 dual core would be a better performer then the single core. If you want to confirm this yourself then go to any website that tracks benchmark scores (such as 3dmark) and see which proc performs better then which. Now, I dont know much about core2 procs TBH, but I do know that multi-core procs are the mainstream thus far, and for a reason.

you know i was suggesting a 1GHz dual core right?

QUOTE(darkshadow2k8 @ May 20 2009, 12:41 AM) View Post

dude are u kidding me the psp specs are 233 or 266mhz 64mb ram no bluetooth support either the zune doubles the specs meaning it will be the best handheld yet heck i believe the original xbox only had 64mb ram and the handheld has a dualcore atom cpu and xbox had a single pentium 3

this zune is gonna be the best handheld

i see why everyone is comparing it to the PSP,
but think beyond what we currently have...
what *if* Sony was to unveil a new PSP at E3 - the PSP2?
& the specs were pretty much on par with what we have here - what then? will these specs seem so awesome then? i doubt it.
that's why i said the figures i said, as that is what the technology level is at.

what we have today:

Quad Processors
so hand held should have C2D

64GB Flash Drives
so hand held should have 32GB minimum

Single 4GB RAM Sticks
so hand held should have 512mb

etc.

#people are acting like this thing is real.
you all know its not, right? this is totally fake.

pholly

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(chronno @ May 19 2009, 07:52 PM) View Post

On Live is advertising itself as a replacement for expensive hardware and consoles (ain't gonna happen).

Why not, the only thing that might hold it back is bandwidth but that's going to improve over time. I really think it will be the future of gaming. Maybe not that company but what they're doing. It will make piracy impossible and make gaming cheaper for the consumers and there won't be a reason to have 3 consoles in your living room. It will also kill gamestop but who cares biggrin.gif

Forgot to mention you might even be able to play Halo on your iphone biggrin.gif

xc1234

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(K1LLERHORNET @ May 19 2009, 06:41 PM) View Post

you obviously have no idea what yoyre talking about, all these stats actually beat the psp which is actually a good portable system. psp only has 32MB of ram, a 333mhz processor, and a 480x272 resolution and it can emulate any past nintendo console, and the ps1, and has good graphics to bat. i do agree about the last part, the onlive kills this being real.

funni64

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 10:35:00 PM »

sleep.gif I'll believe it when I see it (not in odviously Photoshopped pics)... happy.gif

somenutter

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 04:05:00 AM »

tongue.gif  if thats real im santa

we are due a new handheld so the specs might be real,but if they dont bring out a handheld with dual analog sticks im never gonna be interested

SpIdErXeN

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »

Well, the psp definitely has the edge in the aesthetics department, thats for sure. That thing looks like a standard rectangle lol.

somenutter

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(BlackWar @ May 20 2009, 01:49 PM) View Post

Hey santa, can I get a zunex for x-mas?  jester.gif jk

seriously, how much proc power do you think you can (realistically) cram into a small handheld? or memory for that matter? Its almost like people want the power of a laptop in the size of a handheld  rolleyes.gif

Is it just me, or does the overall layout of the "zuneX" look strikingly similar to the early betas of the PSP? Just change the right-side button colors and......

lol i tell you what if they bring out a handheld that looks like that santa will get you one  laugh.gif

AcidPenguiN

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(K1LLERHORNET @ May 20 2009, 12:49 AM) View Post

you know i was suggesting a 1GHz dual core right?
i see why everyone is comparing it to the PSP,
but think beyond what we currently have...
what *if* Sony was to unveil a new PSP at E3 - the PSP2?
& the specs were pretty much on par with what we have here - what then? will these specs seem so awesome then? i doubt it.
that's why i said the figures i said, as that is what the technology level is at.

what we have today:

Quad Processors
so hand held should have C2D

64GB Flash Drives
so hand held should have 32GB minimum

Single 4GB RAM Sticks
so hand held should have 512mb

etc.

#people are acting like this thing is real.
you all know its not, right? this is totally fake.

you've got to be completely retarded. saying dual core = crap and c2d = awesome proves it. c2d just happens to be a branded line of dual core (which equals crap, rite?) processors marketed for desktops and extremely hot laptops.

Here's an experiment for you. Load up a game on your PC, play it for 5 minutes then take your heatsink off the processor and touch the top. Enjoy not having fingerprints for a few weeks. Unless this hypothetical handheld were to be ~1kg of solid aluminum or copper and have active cooling a core 2 duo would be impossible.

you also have to keep in mind that even though our desktop computers can have 16gb of ram and quad core processors, they also have 1000 watt power supplies. Unless you're willing to carry around a 10kg battery, the battery life we could expect from your 512mb ram c2d handheld would probably only be measureable in microseconds.

people aren't getting confrontational over the fake zunex, they're getting confrontational over how retarded your statements have been.

otherwise, great trolling. 9/10!
Pages: 1 [2]