xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is this the Zune HD?  (Read 1615 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Is this the Zune HD?
« on: April 10, 2009, 06:47:00 PM »

Is this the Zune HD?
Posted by XanTium | April 10 20:47 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From engadget.com:

Looks like something is happening -- big time -- in Zune land. We present what might possibly be your first look at, yes... the Zune HD. We don't have any word on specs right now, though we've got a sneaking suspicion this will have an HD display.

Full Story: engadget.com

trentdadi

• Archived User
Is this the Zune HD?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »

HD on a screen that small sounds like a waste of time.  If it is in fact HD, hopefully they will give it enough memory for the extra space the HD content will need.

What they will need to do to get me to buy another zune is turn it into a phone and give it a touch screen.  Netflix capability would also be a huge advancement in the world of cell-phones and make it a no-brainer for me.  Then again I am just dreaming here...

juntistik

• Archived User
Is this the Zune HD?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »

It looks like a touch screen, and we all know how microsoft likes to jump shark on new fads. I own a 1st gen Zune and absolutely love it. I only have beefs with the zune PC software (No drag and drop? VERY FRUSTRATING!) and my preference to use my own folder hierarchy structure instead of a tags library. It isn't very hackable either...

I'm still looking for someone to show me something better other than iPod/iPhone. Until then, I will stick with my Zune.

The Zune HD is definitely interesting.

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
Is this the Zune HD?
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 09:56:00 PM »

ALways loved the Zune - the PC software might leave something to be disired - but with the exception of the Ipod touch - the zune has always been a step ahead - it don't get the credit it deserves and I love it's interface and wireless.  I also like that you don't need to ACTIVATE IT - you can pull it out the box in the store and start using it if you wanted to.  Always hated ipod for that - make me install itunes - all the music I ever wanted to listen to (im old not a kid) is already ripped on a HDD - all I need is a divice that I can Xfer it to - and I don't need even the stock software to do that.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Is this the Zune HD?
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »

maybe this will bring down the price of the 120gb zune to under $200.

Rickets06

• Archived User
Is this the Zune HD?
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 11:14:00 PM »

wow this is HUGE... so HUGE!!!! ....what is it?

SupaDawg

• Archived User
Is this the Zune HD?
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 01:26:00 AM »

This thing better be damn nice. It's going to be tough to be better than the ipod Touch... like apple or not (and I am certainly in the 'not' crowd), that device is a thing of beauty... and the market penetration that has driven the amount of hacks and apps has made it nearly perfect.

The ZuneHD looks like it might be something great, but MS has their work set out.

johnnyrico

• Archived User
Is this the Zune HD?
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 04:35:00 AM »

so what, will it finally be available in mainland Europe too?
cause no store outside the uk has them.

throwingks

• Archived User
Is this the Zune HD?
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »

Update: Based on discussions with sources, it's looking very likely that the device in these images is -- in fact -- a new Zune on its way to market.

bucko

• Recovered User
Is this the Zune HD?
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »

Now release the normal zune in the UK/EU zone plz. I don't mind USA having HD version.

Halcyon-X12

• Archived User
Is this the Zune HD?
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 01:25:00 PM »

They wouldn't do that.  An HD screen (720p or above) would draw too much current and be too small to give any real advantages.  People won't be able to tell the difference between that and a typical 480p LCD that is used on such devices.

ubiman

• Archived User
Is this the Zune HD?
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »

Maybe they mean nHD instead if HD...?

sinister slipknot

• Archived User
Is this the Zune HD?
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rickets06 @ Apr 11 2009, 06:50 AM) View Post

wow this is HUGE... so HUGE!!!! ....what is it?

jester.gif  jester.gif

I actually thought they stopped making Zune, trying to overthrow the unstoppable fanbase of the iPods is something not even MS should attempt, unless they have something insane to add to the mix, but as it stands it looks like they're just biting apple's heels.

• Archived User
Is this the Zune HD?
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 02:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(sinister slipknot @ Apr 11 2009, 02:49 PM) View Post

jester.gif  jester.gif

I actually thought they stopped making Zune, trying to overthrow the unstoppable fanbase of the iPods is something not even MS should attempt, unless they have something insane to add to the mix, but as it stands it looks like they're just biting apple's heels.

agree, but this is the same thing that people said to Apple years ago about the Macs and they have gained a decent market share (although not even close to MS) so I still respect MS for staying their ground in the portable entertainment market.

plus i have heard that the zune is quite an excellent product overall and who can argue with innovation...

Halcyon-X12

• Archived User
Is this the Zune HD?
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »

I don't, they used new DRM that's incompatible with their own previous stuff.
Pages: [1] 2