xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Computer Help  (Read 858 times)

XPxAxBxLxOX

• Archived User
Computer Help
« on: November 10, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »

I don't know how to word this but he it goes.

Out of no where, my mouse, keyboard, internet and sound just stopped working.  I was doing research on downgrading my iphone and I downloaded a few programs.  Installed them and about an hour later, this happened.

When the computer boots, my mouse and keyboard have power and I can get into my bios information, but as soon as im in windows 7, loss of power to mouse and keyboard.  I would do a fresh install of windows and be done with it but I have some information that I would like to keep.

Booting in safe mode does not work.  For once in my life, im stumped with fixing computers.  

I tried searching with google, but Im not sure on how to word the search.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated or else i'll just wipe the hard drive clean and start new.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Computer Help
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 05:05:00 PM »

Try booting with a linux live boot CD. If the problem is Windows related the mouse etc. should work under linux. It might also allow you access to the disk, with FTP to copy the important data off there - although maybe not - I'm not an expert on Windows 7 boot partition security.

Alex548

• Recovered User
Computer Help
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »

If you have the Windows 7 disc, pop it into your PC & boot into the system recovery menu.
From there, just do system restore to a time BEFORE you encountered your problems.

If you don't have the windows 7 disc, you may be able to access the system recovery options at startup (Possibly F10, F11, or F12 depending on your PC manufacturer).

This post has been edited by Alex548: Nov 13 2010, 03:14 AM

XPxAxBxLxOX

• Archived User
Computer Help
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 05:52:00 AM »

I figured it out.  The programs I have downloaded to downgrade my iphone has messed up the usb ports, printer ports, etc...

I just had to find a ps/2 mouse  and do a system restore.

WreakingHavoc

• Archived User
Computer Help
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »

I finally got answer to your problem, you still there?