xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Burning Psx Backups For Use W/ Psx-change  (Read 765 times)

57sav

• Archived User
Help Burning Psx Backups For Use W/ Psx-change
« on: February 27, 2011, 01:46:00 AM »

NOTE: I CURRENTLY OWN ALL THE GAMES I'M BACKING UP. I WANT TO SAVE WEAR AND TEAR ON MY ORIGINAL DISCS. THIS IS NOT A PIRACY RELATED QUESTION.

Hi guys,

I am striking out getting my PSX backups to read in my PS1 when using PSX-Change ver. 2 to boot them up. I installed the PVC card which covers the "disc eject button" (Newer PS One model). Afterwards I insert the PSX-Change disc & boot up the system. A few moments later the disc stops spinning and I get the message "Insert your import disc now and press start". I put my backup in and press start, the disc spins at 2X and I can hear the laser moving, then it stops, and spins the disc @ 1X infinitely and the game never starts.

So far I have tried 2 brands of disc (Sony & Memorex), and a combination of settings & burn speeds with alcohol 120% (Including the specific Playstation setting) & IMGburn but none has ever worked. I am also using a Sony brand DVD-RW.

I burn the discs @ the slowest possible speeds (between 2X-8X), I am using a .bin/cue file combination (burning the .cue file), and have even verified the discs work on my computer using ePSXe emulator.

Could it be the brand of disc I'm using?

Could it be PSX change only plays imports like the disc says? (Website says it plays backups too)

Thanks a bunch for your help, this is driving me crazy!