xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bung Doctor V64 Help  (Read 770 times)

tomlad13

• Archived User
Bung Doctor V64 Help
« on: December 04, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »

Hey all, this is a longshot, but does anyone know much about these units? Ive got one myself and im finding it next to impossible to upgrade the firmware on the thing. Currently its on 1.41B but the console itself doesent seem to play n64 roms (it loads them into its ram fine but once you turn on the n64 the screen stays blank. i have the cartridge attachment to bypass the n64 security chips).  I should note my n64 is a PAL unit.

I believe its got the 256mb ram expansion cards in the bottom, but im unable to verify this as the 1.41B firmware doesent have any of the test menus that the later firmwares have.

Basically, ive tried updating via CD (tried many different file names and none of them seem to work) and ive also got myself a parallel to usb cable to connect the V64 to my computer, but the dos program is a bit tricky to use and if im honest, i cant get my head around it.

If theres anyone who knows what theyre doing with these little units and can perhaps help me upgrade the firmware or get the roms working on it id appreciate the help!