xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Virtual Cat Toys  (Read 834 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Virtual Cat Toys
« on: December 21, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »

OK, finally got Virtual Cat Toys released for Android. It's built on Adobe's Air platform (yes, coming soon to iOS, too)

Store Page

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cats love it, even small children apparently like playing with it. There is an easter egg in the game, which throws up a shocker to the user.... tried it on my niece, and she only giggled at it  blink.gif while my own cats were scared witless.

I might reveal it here, exclusively, if I get enough posts asking for it in this thread.

I wish I could give it away.... but currently, Google has no easy way to do that, and as much as I love you guys, sending out the APK isn't a good option (I don't want to strip out all the Google licensing stuff, for starters... then there is the obvious problem of potentially leaking it out).

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Virtual Cat Toys
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 11:10:00 PM »

Nice work!
I made the purchase and the cat loves it.

I am not sure if it is intended but I cannot go back to the pick a toy screen.  The "back" system soft key, and the settings softkey do nothing I need to FC it and start over to pick a new toy.

Moto Xoom, rooted running eos nightly 162 Android 4.2.1

I would try it on my Nexus 4 but Google still hasn't shipped the damn thing.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Virtual Cat Toys
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 11:23:00 PM »

I watched the video on your site, so I see how to go back now.  That'll teach me to not read the splash screen.

biggrin.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Virtual Cat Toys
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »

Thanks for the purchase!

Not much other activity right now, but I'm hoping to get something out there to promote it.

Google's promotional tools for app developers is non-existent. That really ticks me off, too. They should have a way to create "redeem codes" for your app to give it away to people (like friends, family, reviewers or just to promote it) like Palm does for webOS apps.

I'll work on the back key action.... it "should" work, but I'm hostage to Adobe's Air interface. In the future I hope to release a free version with one toy, and then they can upgrade via in-app purchase to the full version.

The "More To Come" toys will be new animations I am working on.

Now if I can just get ICanHazCheezburger to spotlight the app.

I created this design for a shirt in Cafe Press:

IPB Image

So I can promote it, at least locally. My answer to Three Wolf Moon.