xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Formula 1 Silverstone  (Read 815 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
Formula 1 Silverstone
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:41:00 AM »

Got my receipt yesterday going Silverstone (in England) for the Grand Prix can't wait booked it of work to, gonna be about 5 of us camping I can't wait and F1 without traction control this year so far has looked amazing in Australia only 8 cars finished out of 22!

I can't wait just hope the weather will hold up, it's gonna be my first ever grand prix, went to F1 testing last year but nothing like the spectacle of watch them battle it out on the track!

It's so different to TV in real life, you can smell the oil burning on them 200MPH+ cars! We will be siting at a corner with a TV and speakers not sure which corner but means I gotta get up at 4am race day just to get me spot.

Come on Lewis Hamilton!! Just wondering if anyone else is interesting in F1..

Hamilton is my era of Mansell so I hope he wins there the roar would just be amazing if it's a sell out! Look out for a massive 5-6Ft British flag my brother has on TV it's huge lol.

Arvarden

• Archived User
Formula 1 Silverstone
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 08:14:00 AM »

I used to watch every F1(sad I know)race until a few years back.  I got sick to death of having commercial breaks every 25 minutes.  But that changes next year as the BBC has got it hands on it for next season and beyond!  Lets hope Sony loses the exclusive rights to the F1 franchise.  Xbox Live needs a F1 game.

bucko

• Recovered User
Formula 1 Silverstone
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 11:22:00 AM »

I heard EA bought the rights and Lewis Hamilton had signed a deal with EA to make it multi platform. I have no information when it will be released though?

Yer I was to young to remember BBC coverage only have cassettes from my brother of BBC coverage, I like the ITV build up but James Allen makes to many commentary mistakes, "now the white stripe means soft tyres", he repeats it every race and "no traction control this year" he repeats that as well it annoys the hell out of me.

I'm not sure Hamilton will win the title this year Mclaren have a lot of work to catchup but I do hope he wins at Silverstone!

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
Formula 1 Silverstone
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 02:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Mar 18 2008, 04:41 AM) View Post

Got my receipt yesterday going Silverstone (in England) for the Grand Prix can't wait booked it of work to, gonna be about 5 of us camping I can't wait and F1 without traction control this year so far has looked amazing in Australia only 8 cars finished out of 22!

I can't wait just hope the weather will hold up, it's gonna be my first ever grand prix, went to F1 testing last year but nothing like the spectacle of watch them battle it out on the track!

It's so different to TV in real life, you can smell the oil burning on them 200MPH+ cars! We will be siting at a corner with a TV and speakers not sure which corner but means I gotta get up at 4am race day just to get me spot.

Come on Lewis Hamilton!! Just wondering if anyone else is interesting in F1..

Hamilton is my era of Mansell so I hope he wins there the roar would just be amazing if it's a sell out! Look out for a massive 5-6Ft British flag my brother has on TV it's huge lol.

Wow, that sounds sick! I wish I was goin. But I rather go to a Laguna Seca race. That's my favorite track besides Nurburgring. I watch Speed everyday before and after class. You ever watched Pinks?