xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Monday Night Wars 2 Has Begun.  (Read 804 times)

VampX

• Archived User
The Monday Night Wars 2 Has Begun.
« on: January 10, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »

TNA kicked WWE's butt in their January 4th episode.

(well content wise anyway)

It has begun..

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(VampX @ Jan 10 2010, 09:19 PM) View Post

(well content wise anyway)

Guess we weren't watching the same show, because  outside of the Hamada/Awesome Kong vs. Sarita/Taylor Wilde and AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle matches, it was horrible throughout. It was 1999 WCW Nitro bad. Typical Russo bullshit. It brought nothing special to the table and overhyped itself. On a 3-hour show, it had maybe 45 minutes of actual wrestling.

VampX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 06:34:00 AM »

What can i say, I liked how Hall & X-Pac showed up, and when Hardy showed up during the cage match,
and Foley getting beat down by the NWO biggrin.gif

There has to be good Wrestling I agree, but imo this entire show was nonstop excitement!

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(VampX @ Jan 11 2010, 02:34 PM) View Post

I liked how Hall & X-Pac showed up

Foley getting beat down by the NWO

Oh boy, the same old shit. If they do anything else other than what I can see when I toss an old Nitro tape in, then I'll be impressed. They're trying to pander to the demographic that has already seen this the first umpteen times.

and when Hardy showed up during the cage match

Two things, it did nothing but hurt the guys that got screwed over in that match and Hardy may very well be going to prison for quite some time (for drugs, no less).

The guys who were in that cage match got nothing out of it. Since they apparently are trying to set up a Homicide/Hardy feud, they should've at least had Homicide win the match. Instead, they go with a fuck finish which does nothing for all involved and make them look worthless. It didn't help that Homicide couldn't get out of the cage (he assured management he could, but got stuck up there for 70+ seconds before dropping down to the ring. It was nothing more than an unnecessary throwaway match which is something TNA couldn't/can't afford.

For TNA's sake, I hope they only offered him a short-term contract with an out for them, considering he can be going to prison for a long time. If Hardy can clear himself of the charges (which seems like it'd take an incredible amount of discrediting the prosecution and proof of his own), then they can offer him a longer deal. I'm pretty sure the bridge to McMahonville is pretty much charred and I wonder how Matt will be punished for it.

I gave the show a chance and in the end, I saw nothing different from when WCW was going into the shitter. Outside of the two matches I listed before, they did nothing to show that they are ready for competing with Vince. They need to drop the stupid segments, quit bringing in the old dinosaurs and get back to growing talent into big names, and better utilize the young stars they do have (it's like they gave up on Samoa Joe and who knows how long they'll let AJ Styles stay at the top). TNA was doing just as well without the band getting back together and hogging the camera (again!) and even with Jarrett not in action. They have a stronger women's division, but they need to better utilize it just like they need to focus a bit more on the X division, which would be enough to distinguish their product from WWE.

Bottom line, they haven't sold me that they're any different from WWE's product. Hell, RoH is different enough to be recognized. So is Chikara and PWG. Throw in CZW as well but for the only purpose of being Botchamania worthy.