xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hogan And Bischoff To Start Wrestling League?  (Read 817 times)

Reaper527

• Archived User
Hogan And Bischoff To Start Wrestling League?
« on: February 16, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »

Hulk Hogan is just days away from launching his own wrestling federation, reports The Sun out of the United Kingdom. In an article posted today, Hogan and ex-WCW supremo Eric Bischoff are partnering up to take on the WWE. According to the article Hogan and Bischoff are preparing to sign a television deal with a network in the United States.

Hogan was quoted as saying “Once we’ve wrapped the TV up we’ll make the official announcement. The network wants to make a really big deal of it.” He also added “The basic idea will be the same as WWE, but I pray to god it’s nothing like what’s on TV now.”

experts say

The internet has been in a frenzy since the news broke that Hulk Hogan is planning to start a new promotion with Eric Bischoff on a major TV network. To the disappointment of many fans, several industry experts are strongly doubting the legitimacy of Hogan’s claims.

"History suggests that Hulk shouldn’t be taken seriously since he usually comes up with some type of story a month or two before WrestleMania and has never follows through. He has presumably made a number of contacts in the television industry via “Hogan Knows Best” and “American Gladiators,” but I can’t help but take the approach that I’ll believe it when I see it. Even if Hogan surprises me by delivering on these claims, I can’t help but wonder what type of talent roster he could assemble with most of the big names already signed to WWE and TNA." - Jason Powell, ProWrestling.net

"Keep in mind Hogan has nearly half a dozen times at this point in time made threats of starting his own company, or strongly teased starting up with other companies. In every case, hindsight has shown the motive was to get McMahon to bring him back, since Wrestlemania season is here." - Dave Meltze

it could be interesting to see regardless. i don't think it would be real competition any time soon (look how long it took tna before it had a 2 hr a week contract and some recognition)

VampX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 03:59:00 PM »

Credit - PWInsider.com

- In an interview with MTV.com, Hulk Hogan has put himself in the frame to be Ric Flair's opponent at WrestleMania, saying that WWE need to sell a lot of tickets and need a "main event real bad brother."

Hogan also suggests that Vince McMahon could be guest referee in what he describes as the "perfect match" with "The Nature Boy's" career at stake.

It is interesting that Hogan has publicly come out and lobbied for this match given his recent comment that he's very close to forming a promotion with Eric Bischoff to rival WWE.

Oh Hogan you're so predictable, so very very predictable.

Guess he felt he needed to replenish his fortune after his soon to be ex-wife takes half of it.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 07:08:00 AM »

Hulk Hogan has been dropping hints in various recent interviews that he and Eric Bischoff are on the verge of launching a new pro wrestling venture. While many believed this was Hogan trying to get a WrestleMania payday out of Vince McMahon, there is some truth to what Hogan's been saying.

Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have been meeting with network television executives about the idea of launching a wrestling-themed celebrity reality show. This would not be a traditional professional wrestling promotion - the idea is to have celebrities train to be professional wrestlers and then square off in the ring. Something like 'Dancing With The Stars' meets 'Tough Enough'.

The show is being pitched through Eric Bischoff and Jason Hervey's production company - which is responsible for Scott Baio's hit VH1 show.

very interesting. i'd give the show a watch to see how it turns out.

VampX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »

oh god more reality crap..