xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Saw This On Bbc Blog. Anyone Else Seen This?  (Read 793 times)

signal-to-noise-ratio

• Archived User
I Saw This On Bbc Blog. Anyone Else Seen This?
« on: October 31, 2009, 03:51:00 AM »

I went to "World have your say" blog. Awesome program by the way if you haven't ever heard it I highly recommend it. I was just trying to browse around bbc site since I listen to it but rarely ever visit the site itself. And I saw this.

"...It’s Lord Christopher Monckton arguing that the Copenhagen treaty on climate change will see countries, including the US, cede national soveignty. ..."  

http://worldhaveyour...his/#more-10118

here is main link

http://worldhaveyoursay.wordpress.com/

It links to a youtube video of a speech given by Monckton. Here is that link

For those in the UK

How reliable is this Monckton guy? Is he a straight shooter or more like an alex jones type person?

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 12:18:00 PM »

from watching the vid he comes off as an alex jones type

1: "ive read this treaty" he cant provide us a copy of it, or even a section verbatim, just his interpretations, which we are to take as fact

2: "your president WILL sign it" declaring future events as fact, and also showing ignorance of policy (the president can sign any treaty he wants, its meaningless unless the senate ratifies it) this treaty is supposed to replace the kyoto protocol, which was never ratified in the US

3: generally any talk of an impending ceding of national sovereignty puts the speaker squarely in lala land

in the US treaties are considered supreme law, even higher than the constitution, therefore the senate takes ratification of treaties very seriously and wont ratify anything that has a chance of reducing national sovereignty or even reducing the powers of congress in the US, such as the above-mentioned kyoto protocol and the league of nations charter

signal-to-noise-ratio

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Oct 31 2009, 02:18 PM) View Post

from watching the vid he comes off as an alex jones type

1: "ive read this treaty" he cant provide us a copy of it, or even a section verbatim, just his interpretations, which we are to take as fact

2: "your president WILL sign it" declaring future events as fact, and also showing ignorance of policy (the president can sign any treaty he wants, its meaningless unless the senate ratifies it) this treaty is supposed to replace the kyoto protocol, which was never ratified in the US

3: generally any talk of an impending ceding of national sovereignty puts the speaker squarely in lala land
in the US treaties are considered supreme law, even higher than the constitution, therefore the senate takes ratification of treaties very seriously and wont ratify anything that has a chance of reducing national sovereignty or even reducing the powers of congress in the US, such as the above-mentioned kyoto protocol and the league of nations charter

Thanks for heads up! I  was wondering why bbc pubished this story. Seems like rumor. I hope the bbc isnt turning into CNN / MSNBC.